As B.C. grows, so does energy demand
From the 1960s through the 1980s, we built six dams to meet the energy demands of a province whose population almost doubled in 25 years.
Electricity demand in B.C. is expected to grow by another 40% over the next 20 years. And while we will continue to lean on conservation as the first and best way to meet demand growth, we must reinvest in our aging assets and prepare to invest in new assets like the Site C Clean Energy Project.
Learn about the major capital projects in your area by navigating through the list of regions below.
Vancouver, Coast & Mountains
- Barnard Substation
- Big Bend Substation
- Bridge River system upgrades
- Capilano Substation
- East Vancouver Substation
- Mainwaring Substation
- Metro North Transmission Project
- Ruskin Dam & Powerhouse upgrade
- South Surrey Area Reliability Project
- West End Substation Project
- Woodfibre LNG Interconnection
Can't find the project you're looking for? Try entering a few keywords (such as Mica or substation) into the search box at the top of this page.