Rebates for energy-efficient products
We offer rebates seasonally for products that improve the energy efficiency and comfort of your home. Take advantage of the deals while they're here to start seeing savings on your electricity bill.
Rebates available now
Portable or window air conditioners
Get $50 off select energy-efficient portable or window air conditioners from June 2 to July 28.
Eligible air conditioners
Product must be on our list of eligible air conditioners [PDF, 69 KB]
- Window units must be ENERGY STAR® rated, variable-speed with a Combined Energy Efficiency Ratio (CEER) of 14 or higher.
- Portable units must be dual-duct, or single-duct with a variable speed inverter.
- Maximum two units per customer.
Tips for choosing the right AC unit for you
Check the Power Smart Shop to compare AC models and prices
How to get the rebate
You can choose between two ways to get the rebate: an instant in-store discount or a rebate on your BC Hydro bill.
Purchase an eligible air conditioner in-store from a participating retailer from June 2 to July 28 and save instantly. The discount is taken off the after-tax purchase price at checkout.
- Participating retailers: Costco, Best Buy, Home Depot.
Online post-purchase rebate
Purchase an eligible air conditioner from the retailer of your choice online or in-store* from June 2 to July 28, then submit your receipt to us to get the rebate.
- Purchase a qualifying air conditioner. Keep your receipt.
- Submit your rebate application, including your receipt. We'll accept rebate applications via this page from June 12 to September 26.
- Once approved, the rebate will be applied to your BC Hydro bill within one or two billing periods.
*From retailers not participating in the in-store discount above.
View the air conditioner rebate terms and conditions [PDF, 176 KB]
Check back in the fall for rebates on other products, which may include thermostats, appliances, lighting and more.