Exclusive offers for homes in Hope
You save energy, the whole town benefits
When you make your home more energy efficient, you can save big on your energy bills. But in Hope, B.C., did you know your smart energy choices can also help improve service reliability for the entire community?
Demand for electricity is growing fast in Hope. While our electrical system is able to meet the needs of our Hope customers almost every day, there are a handful of times, like during the coldest winter evenings, when the demand for electricity can approach our system’s operating limits.
Electricity demand refers to how much electricity our customers use at any point in time. If you think of our electricity system like a 10-lane highway, energy is the number of cars on the road at a given time – it changes frequently.
Capacity is our capability to provide power to meet the highest, peak demand times. So in the highway example, capacity is like the width of the highway. We don’t need all 10 lanes all the time, but we need them during high-use times to meet the rush hour demand. Our electrical system needs enough capacity to meet periods of high demand too.
These high demand periods, called peak demand, typically occur in the evenings on the hottest and coldest days of the year.
Through smart energy choices, like shifting your electricity use during peak times or reducing your electricity use overall, you can help us manage periods of peak demand on the substation. This helps us improve local service reliability, minimize community construction disturbance over the next ten years, and keep rates low.
Here are 4 special offers to help you save
Sign up for one or more of these exclusive Hope offers to save on your bill and strengthen your local electricity grid.
1. Sign up for Peak Saver, earn up to $30
Reducing your electricity bill during the cold winter season just got easier with the Peak Saver program, running November 15, 2021 to March 31, 2022.
In this program, we’re exploring ways to shift and reduce electricity use during up to 10, two to three hour periods – referred to as Peak Saver events – when the local grid experiences higher-than-normal demand.
How it works:
- Alert: You’ll receive an email alert notifying you of an upcoming Peak Saver event at least 24 hours in advance.
- Shift or reduce: Shift energy-heavy activities such as doing laundry or using the oven to before or after the Peak Saver event. Reduce energy usage where possible.
- Confirm: After the event is over, we send you an email asking you to confirm that you participated in the event by shifting or reducing your usage.
- Reward: Once you’ve confirmed your participation, you’ll earn a $3 event reward. At the end of the program we’ll add up your rewards and credit them to your bill. That’s up to $30 off your bill.
Don’t miss out. Registration closes November 1, 2021.
2. Get free energy-saving products & installation
For electrically heated homes, you can receive an in-person home assessment and installation of free, energy-saving products for a brighter, cozier, more efficient home. Product installation and services from our trusted partner It’s On Electric may include:
- Smart thermostats*
- Smart electric load controller*
- Water-saving products
- Draftproofing supplies
- ENERGY STAR® LED bulbs
- Removal of secondary fridges and freezers
For gas-heated homes, you can receive a free virtual home assessment and DIY energy saving kit with select products for porch drop-off.
To register, call It’s On Electric at 1 800 874 3831 or email them using the button below.
Book early—spots are limited while supplies last.
*For electrically heated customers only. For product installation, the program requires an in-home service from a trained and appropriately licensed technician. Technicians adhere to strict COVID-19 protocols including tracking, prevention and PPE standards. Program delivery will only proceed in compliance with orders from the Provincial Health Officer.
3. Get up to $6,000 in enhanced rebates for electric heating system upgrades
Planning a home reno project? Energy-efficient upgrades to your home’s electric space and water-heating systems can provide dramatic savings on your energy bills, and make your home much more comfortable all year. As a Hope resident, you get access to higher rebate amounts for completing these upgrades.
|HOPE RESIDENT TOP-UP
|Up to $2,000||$2,000|
You can earn an additional $300 for completing two eligible renovations at once.
First, make sure your home is eligible. Then, make sure you’ve selected an eligible heat pump for your space heating upgrades, and a Tier 2 or higher model for your water heating upgrades. To secure your top-up amount, complete your eligible renovation by December 31, 2021 and enter promo code HOPE22 in your rebate application.
Consider working with a Program Registered Contractor to ensure your upgrades meet the necessary program requirements, and to help you achieve your energy efficiency goals.
4. Book a free energy coaching session
Not sure where to start in your home? Hope residents can get a free, one-on-one consultation with a certified Energy Coach to get personalized advice and recommendations.
In the 30-minute session, your Energy Coach will act as a trusted and impartial advisor,
connecting you with the right tips, programs and solutions to help you reduce your electricity use and save.
They’ll help you:
- Understand your home’s electricity use patterns and trends
- Get personalized low- and no-cost energy-saving tips based on your usage
- Get connected to programs, resources and incentives that are right for you, and get support signing up where needed.
To book your Energy Coach session, call 1 844 789 7392 or use the online form below.
Act fast. The first 100 Energy Coach participants will get a $10 gift card to their local business of choice, just for participating.
Sign up now – limited participation incentives available. Registration closes March 14, 2022.
Other ways you can save
These next resources aren’t exclusive to Hope, but they’re other helpful ways to make smart energy choices.
- Learn about our programs for lower income households
- Track your usage online with MyHydro
- Follow our tips to save energy at home
- Join Team Power Smart – Take the Reduction Challenge to earn $50
- Join the Acts of Clean Challenge – enter weekly for your chance to win