Exclusive offers for homes in Hope
We want to help our customers in Hope lower their electricity use and increase the comfort of their home year-round. Sign up for one or more of these exclusive offers, only available to Hope residents, to save on your bill and strengthen the local electricity grid.
On this page:
- $11,000 in rebates for Hope residents
- Free home energy-saving products & installation
- Peak Rewards program
- Free energy coaching
- Peak Saver program
Looking to make your home more energy efficient? Upgrades to your home’s electric space and water heating systems can provide big savings on your energy bills. As a Hope resident, you get access to higher rebate amounts for completing these upgrades.
|UPGRADE||STANDARD REBATE||HOPE RESIDENT TOP-UP||TOTAL REBATES||BENEFITS|
|Heat pump water heating||$1,000||$1,000||$2,000||
|Heat pump||Up to $2,000||$2,000||Up to $4,000||
Total Rebates: $6,000
You can earn an additional $300 for completing two eligible upgrades at once.
- Make sure your home is eligible.
- Consider working with a Program Registered Contractor for your upgrades. These contractors have completed additional training on program requirements and heat pump installation best practices.
- Choose the right heat pump for your home
- Complete your eligible upgrade by March 31, 2023 and enter promo code PWDHOPE23 in your rebate application.
If your projects are complete and you have your documents ready, apply for your rebates.
You may also be eligible for up to $5,000 in additional rebates from the federal government’s Canada Greener Homes Grant. This is a separate program with its own eligibility criteria and application process, which requires registration and a home evaluation before making any upgrades.
Product installation and services from our trusted partner It’s On Electric may include:
- Smart thermostats* - receive $35 a year for enrolling this device in Peak Rewards (see below)
- Smart electric load controller* - receive $35 a year for enrolling this device in Peak Rewards (see below)
- Water-saving products
- Draftproofing supplies
- ENERGY STAR® LED bulbs
- Removal of secondary fridges and freezers
Electrically heated homes
Homes with electric space heating or electric hot water heating can apply by downloading and completing the application form [PDF, 111 KB]. Email it to It’s On Electric using the button below, or call them at 1 800 874 3831.
Book now-- registration closes on March 31, 2023*.
Non-electrically heated homes
Homes that aren’t heated electrically can receive a free energy saving kit, containing:
- Four LED bulbs
- Weatherstripping to reduce drafts around windows, doors and outlets
- Four window film packages
- High efficiency showerhead
- Two water-saving tap aerators
- LED night light
- Fridge and freezer thermometer
- Step-by-step instruction guide [PDF, 3.4 MB] to help you install each product
To register, download and complete an application form [PDF, 102 KB] and mail or email using the button below.
BC Hydro Hope Energy Saving Kit Application
P.O. Box 8910 STN Terminal
*Program dates may change due to limited space and funding.
*For product installation, the program requires an in-home service from a trained and appropriately licensed technician. Technicians adhere to strict COVID-19 protocols including tracking, prevention and PPE standards. Program delivery will only proceed in compliance with orders from the Provincial Health Officer.
3. Join Peak Rewards and earn up to $105
Have you installed smart home products or added an EV charger to your home? You could be eligible to register for our Peak Rewards program and earn up to $105 this winter.
Hope residents with electric space heating or electric hot water heaters can also get Peak Rewards qualifying thermostats and load controllers installed for free, along with other energy saving devices, by contacting It’s On Electric at 1 800 874 3831 or by email.
Not sure where to start make energy-efficient upgrades in your home? Hope residents can get a free, one-on-one consultation with a certified Energy Coach and receive personalized advice and efficiency upgrade recommendations.
- Understand your home’s electricity use patterns and trends.
- Get personalized low- and no-cost energy-saving tips based on your usage.
- Get connected to programs, resources and incentives that are right for you, and get support signing up where needed.
Join our Peak Saver program and you could earn rewards on your electricity bill. Reduce your electricity use during short, two to three-hour periods – referred to as Peak Saver events – and earn a $3 reward towards your bill. You can participate in as many events as you like.
Register by November 15, 2022. The program runs from November 15 until March 31, 2023. Plus, when you register you’ll be entered to win a $75 Rona gift card.
- Alert: You’ll receive an email alert notifying you of an upcoming Peak Saver event at least 24 hours in advance.
- Shift or reduce: Shift energy-heavy activities such as doing laundry or using the oven to before or after the Peak Saver event.
- Reward: If you’re successful in reducing your electricity use by 20% during the event, you’ll earn a $3 reward. At the end of the program, we’ll add up your rewards and they’ll appear on your bill.