Rebates for home renovations
Canada Greener Homes Grant update
The Federal Government has announced changes to its Canada Greener Homes Grant and is no longer accepting applications after February 12, 2024. If you've already completed the online registration and have an application number, you're encouraged to proceed with your retrofits and will still be eligible for funding and support.
Get up to $10,000 in rebates for making energy efficiency upgrades
Renovations that make your home more energy efficient can help you save on your monthly energy bills, and they'll make your home more comfortable. In partnership with CleanBC, our Home Renovation Rebate Program offers several energy savings rebates for homes in B.C.
How to get started
- See if your home is eligible for the program
- View current rebates
- Learn how taking a whole-home approach to your home renovation will help maximize your investment. Plus, If you complete multiple upgrades, you may qualify for a bonus rebate.
- Need an expert opinion? Call an Energy Coach to learn more about energy efficiency opportunities.
This program is intended for homes that are primarily heated by electricity (electric baseboards, electric furnaces) and have high bills from space heating.
- Review our general program eligibility
- Then, review the eligibility criteria for the specific upgrade(s) you plan to do
Our online application form can be used to apply for rebates from any of the program partners: BC Hydro, CleanBC or FortisBC.
Current home renovation rebates
Select an energy-efficiency upgrade below to view rebate information.
Federal rebates for energy-efficient home upgrades may also be available through the Canada Greener Homes Grant, which is a separate program with its own eligibility criteria and the federal program requires registration and a home evaluation before making any upgrades.
The Home Renovation Rebate Program and CleanBC Home Efficiency Rebates is a partnership between BC Hydro, FortisBC and CleanBC. The partner program provides rebates to make it easier for you to make energy-efficient home upgrades that improve home comfort, help you save on energy bills, and reduce your greenhouse gas emissions.
Rebate offers and amounts vary depending on whether your home uses electricity natural gas, oil or propane as the primary heating source. To view the rebates available to you, choose from the following based on your home’s main heating system.
- Electrically heated homes, rebates funded by BC Hydro
- Natural gas heated homes, rebates funded by FortisBC
- Oil, propane or natural gas heated homes switching to electric space or water heating, rebates funded by CleanBC Better Homes
To make it simple to get your rebate, our application can be used to apply for rebates from any of the above partners.