Getting bonus rebates
The more qualifying upgrades you make the more efficient your home will be. That's why we're offering you a choice between the $300 Two Upgrade Bonus or the Home Energy Improvement Bonus based on your home's total gigajoule improvement after three or more qualifying upgrades. Bonus offers cannot be combined; only one bonus offer per customer.
Two Upgrade Bonus – $300
Install any two eligible home upgrades and receive a $300 bonus.
- If applying for both rebates together, application must be submitted within six months of the invoice date of the first bonus-eligible upgrade.
- If applying for rebates as you go, apply for the first rebate within six months of completing the first bonus-eligible upgrade, and complete both the first and second eligible upgrade within 18 months of each other.
- Submit your bonus application within six months of the invoice date of the second eligible upgrade.
Home Energy Improvement Bonus – receive $750, up to $2,000
Complete three bonus-eligible upgrades and receive $20 per % gigajoule improvement in your home's EnerGuide report. Receive a minimum of $750, up to a maximum rebate of $2,000.
- Step 1: Complete your pre-upgrade EnerGuide home evaluation with a program qualified home energy advisor.
- Step 2: Complete your three or more eligible upgrades. You have 18 months from your pre- evaluation to complete all three upgrades.
- Step 3: Complete your post-upgrade EnerGuide home evaluation to establish your home's new EnerGuide rating.
- Step 4: Submit your online application for your home energy improvement bonus within six months of the date of the post-upgrade EnerGuide home evaluations.
An EnerGuide home evaluation provides a customized in-home assessment of your home's energy use and provides access to additional rebates.
Performed by an energy advisor licensed by Natural Resources Canada, this evaluation gives you a comprehensive look at your home's energy performance and establishes EnerGuide label rating for your home. It will help you make decisions and prioritize which upgrades will save you on energy costs and make your home more comfortable.
Yes, you can get a rebate of $200 for completing a pre-upgrade evaluation and $100 for completing a post-upgrade evaluation.
Once you complete our pre-upgrade EnerGuide home evaluation, apply for your pre-upgrade home evaluation rebate online within six months of the invoice date. You’ll need a copy of your paid invoice for the evaluation when you submit your application.
After you’ve completed your upgrades and the post-upgrade EnerGuide home evaluation, you can apply for the post-upgrade home evaluation rebate and other upgrade rebates together online. Additional program requirements and terms and conditions apply.
|Upgrade||Rebate maximums||Bonus eligibility|
|Attic insulation||$900||Qualifies as one bonus-eligible upgrade if minimum $500 rebate achieved.|
|Exterior wall cavity insulation||$1,200||Qualifies as one bonus-eligible upgrade if minimum $500 rebate achieved.|
|Exterior wall sheathing insulation||$1,200||Qualifies as one bonus-eligible upgrade if minimum $500 rebate achieved.|
|Basement/crawlspace walls insulation||$1,200||Qualifies as one bonus-eligible upgrade if minimum $500 rebate achieved.|
|Other insulation||$1,000||Qualifies as one bonus-eligible upgrade if minimum $500 rebate achieved.|
|Windows and doors||
$1,000 for Tier 1 windows
$2,000 for Tier 2 windows/doors
|Qualifies as one bonus-eligible upgrade if minimum $250rebate achieved.|
Primary space heating system
|Maximum one primary space heating system rebate per home, regardless of the number of systems installed.||Qualifies as one bonus-eligible upgrade.|
Primary water heating systems:
|Maximum one primary water heating system rebate per home, regardless of the number of systems installed.
||Qualifies as one bonus-eligible upgrade|
Combined space and water heating systems:
|Qualifies as one primary space heating upgrade and one primary water heating rebate.||Qualifies as two bonus-eligible upgrades.|
||$300||Maximum of one fireplace upgrade is bonus-eligible; Must replace an existing gas fireplace in the premises.|