Giving our brightest students a boost
Just as we work hard to build a bright energy future, we know there are students in B.C. who are working to grow their schools and communities. BC Hydro is proud to recognize these future leaders and role models with scholarships.
What we look for
We look to build the next generation of engineers, electricians, and many other key roles who will help us deliver clean energy for generations. We are thrilled to support students who are not only committed to a post-secondary education, but who are good examples of how to maintain a healthy life balance.
Select on the following links to jump ahead to get information about specific awards programs:
- BC Hydro post-secondary scholarships
- Indigenous scholarships
- BC Hydro engineering scholarships
- BC Hydro endowments
BC Hydro's student awards are administered directly by post-secondary institutions across the province. For more information, please visit the websites of the specific institution.
- Civil Engineering Technologist Diploma (one award)
- Mechanical Engineering Technologist Diploma (one award)
- Electrical Technologist Diploma (four awards)
- Automotive Service Technicians (two awards)
- Millwrights/Industrial Mechanics (two awards)
- Environmental Protection Technologists (three awards)
- Bachelor of Arts in Environmental Studies with a Minor in Global Environmental Change (three awards)
Our Indigenous Scholarship and Bursary program supports students who are pursuing a post-secondary education and are residents of B.C. Bursaries valued at $2,000 were awarded to students in a trades program or a part-time undergraduate program.
Scholarships valued at $5,000 were awarded to students in a full-time degree program and the Randy Brant scholarship is awarded to our top overall applicant. Here are this year's scholarship and bursary recipients [PDF, 358 KB].
BC Hydro Trades and Skilled Training Award
The BC Hydro Trades & Skilled Training Award and BC Hydro Trades & Skilled Training Aboriginal Award are bursary programs that help qualified students with tuition and other expenses up to $5,000 for eligible programs at Northern Lights College. Additional funding to cover living expenses may be available based on financial need and personal circumstances.
Through our partnership with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of B.C. (APEGBC), BC Hydro provides 10 engineering scholarships. For more information please visit APEGBC.
BC Hydro provides 23 province-wide endowment scholarships through 19 different institutions. For more information, visit the websites for the following post-secondary institutions.
- British Columbia Institute of Technology
- Camosun College
- Capilano University
- College of New Caledonia
- College of the Rockies
- Douglas College
- Emily Carr Institute of Art + Design
- Kwantlen University College
- Langara College
- North Island College
- Northern Lights College
- Okanagan University College
- Selkirk College
- Thompson Rivers University
- University of British Columbia, Okanagan
- University of the Fraser Valley
- University of Northern British Columbia
- Vancouver Community College
- Vancouver Island University