Features of an energy-efficient home
Built-in comfort, quality and peace of mind
Have you considered a home that's more comfortable, durable and healthier, a home that also delivers energy savings year after year? Homes built to national performance standards qualified are just that. They're designed and built with better air sealing to minimize warm and cold spots for ideal comfort, while also saving you on on your energy bills.
This includes creating a tightly sealed structure, which results in less air leakage and a balanced fresh air supply for the entire home. Energy-efficient technologies and products are also installed throughout the home to reduce energy usage. All of these factors work together to create a more efficient, comfortable and healthier place to live with lower utility bills year after year.
These homes are built to meet strict federal government standards and includes features such as:
- Efficient heating and cooling systems that use less energy, reduce indoor humidity, and improve the overall comfort of your home.
- A heat recovery ventilation system (HRV) that improves your home's ventilation and reduces dust, pollen and other allergens – making it a healthier place for your family.
- High-performance ENERGY STAR® double and triple glazed windows, patio doors, and skylights that make your home more comfortable all year round by keeping the heat in during the winter and out during the summer.
- Insulation in ceilings and walls that is effective in helping to prevent wasted heated, which can add to your heating costs.
- A variety of ENERGY STAR appliances that will reduce your electricity use and help you save on your utility bills.