Programs & incentives
Improve your business' energy efficiency, and save.
We offer a variety of programs to help you improve your business' energy efficiency, including incentives for making energy-efficient upgrades and opportunities to learn from experts.
Funding for Key Account customers with Energy Managers is fully subscribed for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2021. We are currently accepting applications for projects that will complete between April 1, 2021 to March 31, 2022.
- Social housing retrofit support program: Social housing providers can access funding and support to implement a variety of energy conservation measures.
- New industrial plant design: Get funding and design expertise to design an energy efficient plant or expand an existing one.
- Energy studies & audits for industrial customers: Free or funded access to energy experts who can look into how you use energy and identify ways to trim costs.
- Project incentives for industrial customers: Set goals for energy savings at your business and get funding for making energy efficiency upgrades to help you get there.
- Customer build program: Support for developers in the design and construction of underground residential developments
- Sustainable communities: Help for local governments in meeting the challenges of energy and GHG reductions.
- Alliance of Energy Professionals: Our growing network of independent lighting, electrical and mechanical professionals assist industrial and commercial businesses in energy-efficient improvements.
- Employee awareness: Get help developing a plan to engage employees and help promote energy efficiency in the workplace.
- Continuous optimization: Incentives, tools, and support to improve your building's energy efficiency now and in the future.
CleanBC Better Buildings Program
Better Buildings BC offers a range of incentives intended to help building owners, operators and developers reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions in their existing or new commercial buildings.
CleanBC's Custom Incentives offer support to retrofit your current building and explore fuel switching and other electrification measures in larger buildings, while Custom-Lite Incentives are available to help facilitate smaller electrification opportunities across the commercial and institutional building sector.
The CleanBC Commercial Express Program provides a streamlined application process and does not require an Energy Study to participate. For a limited time, eligible customers can also receive free energy coaching services to assist in fuel-switching and other electrification measures.
For those looking to construct a new Part 3 Commercial building see the CleanBC Commercial New Construction Incentives.
For full program details visit betterbuildingsbc.ca.
This program is funded in part, by the Province of British Columbia and the Government of Canada.