Clean Energy Champions
Community leaders in clean energy and sustainability
We’re looking to connect with clean energy enthusiasts that have made the switch to clean and renewable energy practices. Whether you’ve taken on this challenge yourself or as part of a business or group, we’d love to hear your story.
What is a Clean Energy Champion?
A Clean Energy Champion is a business owner, professional, resident, municipality or community group that has taken steps to lower their carbon footprint and adopt new clean energy technologies. Here are a few ways you can champion clean energy.
In your home:
- Making the switch from gas heating to electric
- Installing a heat pump
- Switching from a gas-powered vehicle to an electric vehicle
- Undergoing energy-efficient upgrades to lower or eliminate the use of gas in your home
Within your business:
- A landscaping company using electric tools or machinery instead of gas powered
- A delivery service using electric delivery vehicles instead of gas
- A restaurant that uses water-saving and energy-efficient appliances
These are just a few of the ways to switch to clean energy, but there are even more ways to support the movement and we want to recognize your efforts.
- Thompson Rivers University in Kamloops
- Martini Film Studios in Langley
- City of Vancouver's Bloedel Conservatory
Share your story
Tell us more about how you or someone you know is making a commitment to clean electricity. Inspire others to join the movement, nominate a small business, yourself, or a friend today.
The personal information and opinions collected in this Clean Energy Champion nomination form by BC Hydro is collected under the authority of Section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for B.C. Data may be stored outside of Canada. If you have any questions concerning how your personal information is handled, please contact email@example.com.