Be part of the Alliance of Energy Professionals
Alliance members are recognized experts in energy solutions, and they're knowledgeable about BC Hydro's programs and incentives.
If you work in commercial and industrial settings, you must be an Alliance member to help your customers apply for incentives. In addition, members can get business customer referrals from BC Hydro.
Contractors working on commercial and industrial projects can participate in the Alliance in one of two ways: by seeking one-time project approval, or by becoming full members.
- Get recognition and exposure through BC Hydro
- Help your customers apply for program incentives
- Get BC Hydro program support and program updates
- Receive commercial and industrial customer referrals from BC Hydro
- Opportunities to attend educational and networking events
- Receive industry updates
Apply for membership
To become a member of the Alliance you'll need to provide business and technical credentials.
Application checklist: requirements and documents
- A B.C. business license, valid for at least two years prior to application, and a GST number.
- License(s) must be active in all jurisdictions served by the applicant.
- A minimum of five years' experience installing energy-efficient products and equipment
- The appropriate bonding for the business license
- A WorkSafeBC registration number and good standing with the agency
- Five customer references (three for energy efficiency projects)
- A quality management plan that expresses your company's commitment to customer satisfaction
- Proof of a general liability insurance policy of not less than $2 million, with BC Hydro named as an additional insured
Steps to becoming an Alliance member:
- Fill out and submit the online application form.
- We review the application; we'll acknowledge receipt of your application within three weeks and outline the next steps: an update to your application status and, if applicable, a request for required support documentation.
- After a careful review and approval, we will send you an Alliance agreement for your signature. Your application isn't complete until we've received the required documentation and a signed agreement.
- We approve your application: Once we've received your signed Alliance agreement, we'll provide you with onboarding information and your Alliance ID. Your customers will need your Alliance ID to apply for incentives.
If you're a contractor, you can seek one-time approval on a project involving our incentives. But you'll need to become a member to help your customers apply for incentives ongoing. It's free to join, and you'll help grow your business as you help customers access programs that will save them energy and money.