Electrical safety training courses for workers
Come home safe at the end of the day
If you work around electricity, it’s important to know what to do to protect yourself and work safely. Anyone working near our lines needs to learn how to keep a safe distance from a power line and maintain compliance with WorkSafeBC, it could save your life.
We offer in-person and online and electrical awareness training for anyone who works near electricity, including trade workers, first responders and people working near high voltage lines.
Get the safety training you need
Classroom training is currently unavailable due to COVID-19. In-person presentations will be hosted virtually until further notice.
- Electrical Safety for Trades and Workers
- Electrical Safety for First Responders
These courses are two-hour custom sessions available throughout B.C. and can be hosted at your workplace or other location.
Call to register for an in-person training session
If you have questions or would like to inquire about an in-person training session, please call the Electrical Energy Training Group at 1 877 859 8228.
- Electrical Safety for Trades and Workers: 45 min course for anyone who works near BC Hydro’s power lines or electrical equipment. This course is offered in English, Cantonese (广东话), Mandarin (普通话) and Punjabi (ਪੰਜਾਬੀ).
- Electrical Safety for First Responders: 45 min course for all first responders.
- Electrical Safety for Firefighters: 15 min supplemental course designed specifically for firefighters. Participants must first complete Electrical Safety for First Responders before taking the specialized course.
- Working with BC Hydro on WorkSafe BC’s 30M33 process: 30 min course on safety and responsibilities while working near high voltage lines in compliance with WorkSafeBC’s Assurance in Writing Process.