Home renovation rebates
We know that when it comes to home renovations, budgets can be tight. This is why we offer a variety of rebates for making eligible upgrades to improve your home's energy efficiency and comfort all year round.
Home renovation rebates are available when you improve your home's energy efficiency. We recommend that you get multiple quotes and consider different systems to determine the product and service provider that best meets your needs.
Rebates are available for:
- Insulation: up to $1,200 (requires installation by a licensed contractor).
- Ductless Heat Pump: $800 (additional $400 rebate currently available on select products).
- Ventilation Fan: See the rebates page for details.
- Draftproofing: up to $500 (requires an energy advisor).
- Natural gas hot water heaters (rebate provided by FortisBC).
- EnerChoice fireplaces (rebate provided by FortisBC).
- A $750 bonus offer for making three or more eligible upgrades (requires an energy advisor).
See all available rebates [PDF, 123 KB].
- The Winter Warm Up Offer is available for customers who use electric heat. Get a $250 rebate top-up when you install two qualifying energy upgrades by March 31, 201.
- Get an additional $400 rebate from Authorized Canadian Mitsubishi Electric HVAC Dealers when you purchase a qualifying Mitsubishi ductless heat pump from October 1 to December 31.
- Municipal rebates and special offers are available if your home is located in City of Vancouver, City of New Westminster, City of Victoria, District of Saanich, District of North Saanich, Town of Sidney, or Campbell River and if you use a qualified energy advisor.
- $150 energy coach home evaluation rebate.
- Residential customers in the BC Hydro and/or FortisBC service territory.
- Electricity or natural gas is the primary heating fuel for the home.
- Homes must have a minimum 12 months utility billing history.
- Residential dwellings, including single-family detached homes, duplexes, row homes, townhouses, or mobile homes on a permanent foundation.
Read the terms and conditions [PDF, 215 KB] for a complete list of requirements.
Getting started with the BC Home Energy Coach Hotline
If you have questions about energy efficiency upgrade options, products and technologies that are right for your home, or available incentives to make your projects more affordable, you can now call the BC Home Energy Coach Hotline or go online to connect with a knowledgeable energy coach. The BC Home Energy Coach Hotline is administered by a non-profit organization separate from BC Hydro. All services are free of charge.
Call 1 (844) 881 9790 (toll free) or visit the BC Home Energy Coach website.
If you have questions about the processing of your rebate, please contact BC Hydro by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call (877) 338 3347