Home renovation rebates
We know that when it comes to home renovations, budgets can be tight. This is why we offer a variety of rebates for making eligible upgrades to improve your home's energy efficiency and comfort all year round.
Home renovation rebates are available when you improve your home's energy efficiency. We recommend that you get multiple quotes and consider different systems to determine the product and service provider that best meets your needs.
Rebates are available for:
- Insulation: up to $1,200 (requires installation by a licensed contractor).
- Ductless Heat Pump: $800 (additional $400 rebate currently available on select products).
- Ventilation Fan: up to $50.
- Draftproofing: up to $500 (requires an energy advisor).
- Natural gas hot water heaters (rebate provided by FortisBC).
- EnerChoice fireplaces (rebate provided by FortisBC).
- A $750 bonus offer for making three or more eligible upgrades (requires an energy advisor).
See all available rebates [PDF, 91 KB].
- Get an additional $400 rebate from The Home Depot when you purchase a qualifying TRANE ductless heat pump from July 1 to September 30.
- Municipal rebates and special offers are available if your home is located in City of Vancouver, City of New Westminster, City of Victoria, District of Saanich, District of North Saanich, Town of Sidney, or Campbell River and if you use a qualified energy advisor.
- $150 energy coach home evaluation rebate.
- Residential customers in the BC Hydro and/or FortisBC service territory.
- Electricity or natural gas is the primary heating fuel for the home.
- Homes must have a minimum 12 months utility billing history.
- Residential dwellings, including single-family detached homes, duplexes, row homes, townhouses, or mobile homes on a permanent foundation.
Read the terms and conditions [PDF, 227 KB] for a complete list of requirements.
Step 1: Decide which upgrades you're interested in.
Step 2: Speak to an energy advisor if you want to:
- Be eligible for the $750 bonus offer or the draftproofing rebate.
- Have a home energy audit done.
- Get professional advice on which upgrades to complete to improve the efficiency of your home.
Step 3: Complete eligible upgrade(s).
Step 4: Fill-out and mail us your application package.
After an application is received, it may be randomly selected for an in-home site visit before the rebate payment is approved.