Resources for contractors
As a trusted contractor, customers look to you for your expertise on the best products, installation practices and quality services for renovations to their homes. Being knowledgeable about the Home Renovation Rebates available, as well as the program’s product and installation requirements, will provide your customers with a professional level of customer service that can help grow your business.
Become a Program Registered Contractor
The BC Hydro and FortisBC Program Registered Contractor (PRC) designation is offered to insulation and heat pump contractors who want to take their business and customer service to the next level. Complete industry, technical and program training to earn your company the PRC designation today.
The use of an insulation PRC is now required for customers to receive their insulation rebate for work completed and invoiced on or after April 1, 2021. Installation upgrades completed and invoiced on or before March 31, 2021 do not require a PRC.
Benefits to becoming a PRC:
- Permission to use the PRC logo to showcase your designation and trusted work to customers
- Listing in the BC Hydro and CleanBC PRC directory used by homeowners looking for registered insulation and heat pump contractors
- Access to promotional materials and tools to help promote your business and the rebates available to customers, including $2,000 annually in co-op advertising funding
- Up-to-date program news and information
- Training on industry best practices for you and your staff
If you're interested in becoming a PRC, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
Additional resources to support your projects
- BC Standards of Practice Guide for Air Sealing and Insulation Retrofits
- Heating system rebate guide for contractors [PDF, 103 KB]
Home Performance Stakeholder Council
Get involved to shape this new industry. Home Performance Stakeholder Council is an organization that is committed to support the growth of a long-term, sustainable market for home performance related activities that significantly reduce energy use and carbon emissions across the province while enhancing building durability, occupant comfort, and health.
Businesses and individuals can advance the business opportunities associated with delivering home performance products and services, and get access to resources and tools to help your home performance business succeed. Get involved with HSPC by registering online.
Stay connected with us
Join our contractor mailing list and be the first to learn about:
- New programs, offers, and rebates
- New opportunities to upgrade with energy-efficiency products
- Training opportunities with industry experts
- Ordering utility branded marketing and communication materials