Powerhouse at Stave Falls
Powerhouse at Stave Falls closed due to COVID-19
Public safety is our top priority at BC Hydro. The Visitor Centres will remain closed for the time being as we carefully review plans to re-open each unique centre while ensuring we can adhere to Provincial Health guidelines and prioritize the health and safety of visitors, contractors and employees. Each location has its own unique reopening challenges - considering the interactive, hands-on elements; supporting physical distancing for visitors; and conducting guided tours. We are continually reassessing and are working on our plans. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Take a walk through a 100 year old powerhouse and enjoy the historical displays, electricity demonstrations and many interactive exhibits. The Powerhouse at Stave Falls has something for everyone, from individuals to families and school groups. This former generating facility is also a National Historic Site of Canada filled with archival photos, artifacts and the original mechanical and electrical components which helped power the province.
The Visitor Centre
- We have a great gift shop with a wide selection of souvenirs for our guests and refreshments are available for purchase.
- The Visitor Centre welcomes licensed service dogs only. All other animals are not permitted.
- Free parking is available for cars, RVs and buses.
- Our Visitor Centre is fully wheelchair accessible.
- We offer guided and self-guided tours.
- We welcome drop in visitors and pre-booked tours.
- Groups larger than 10 people including school field trips and community groups must pre-book their tours.
- Audio tours are available in a variety of languages for guests wanting to tour the facility at their own pace.
|Guided tour schedule|
|11 a.m.||1 p.m.|
Tours offered on Saturdays and Sundays only.
Guests must arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled tour times.
This is our regular schedule, but unforeseen issues may arise that require us to cancel tours.
|Adults (18 - 54 years)||$8|
|Youth (6 - 17 years)||$7|
|Children (5 and under)||Free|
|Season pass add-on||$1|
|Audio tour rental||$4|
|School (K - 12)||Request a tour|
|Groups larger than 10 people||Request a tour|
Admission prices include all applicable taxes.
How to contact us
Call us at 604 462 1222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need more information.
How to get to our Visitor Centre
The Powerhouse at Stave Falls is located at 31338 Dewdney Trunk Road in Mission, B.C.
For directions to our Visitor Centre visit Google Maps.
There are many other recreation areas nearby like the Stave Lake boat launch, the Stave Lake Reservoir Lodge and Campsite, the Hayward Lake Reservoir Recreation Area and the Ruskin Dam Recreation Area that you can visit while you're in the area.
Take a sneak peek
Explore our centre through photos and read about what others have to say about their visits. Hopefully we'll see you here in person soon.