W.A.C. Bennett Dam Visitor Centre
Visitor Centre notices
The W.A.C. Bennett Dam Visitor Centre is closed for the season as of September 5, 2023. We’ll reopen in spring 2024. The café is open through the fall and winter. Please call 672 978 1122 to ask about hours of operation for the café.
Water system upgrade – 2023
We're currently completing a water system upgrade, which means that a portion of our exterior exhibits are not accessible. For your safety upon arrival, we ask that you follow all safety signs and stay back from barriers or work areas.
The W.A.C. Bennett Dam is one of the world's largest earth-fill structures. It holds back the Williston Reservoir, which is so large that it can be seen from space.
Enjoy the spectacular view from our Visitor Centre. It offers fun and educational exhibits that showcase dam construction, local wildlife and how we turn water into clean electricity. You'll also get to explore the "Our Story, Our Voice" First Nations Gallery and exterior exhibits.
While visiting, enjoy a snack or a meal from our café which is open daily.
The W.A.C. Bennett Dam is located on the traditional territory of Treaty 8 First Nations.
The Visitor Centre
Season: Currently closed – reopening spring 2024
Visitor Centre hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily, including weekends and holidays
Operational hours are subject to change without notice.
- Our Visitor Centre is fully wheelchair accessible however our guided bus tours are not.
- We have a wide selection of souvenirs available for purchase in our gift shop.
- The Visitor Centre welcomes licensed service dogs only. All other animals are not permitted.
- There are a limited number of free lockers available to store bags and purses during tours.
- Free parking is available for cars, RVs and buses while visiting.
- If you're exhibiting symptoms of illness, we ask that you visit another day.
- Admission includes the option of guided or self-guided tours.
- We welcome drop-in visitors and pre-booked tours.
- Groups larger than 10 people including school field trips and community groups must pre-book their tours. Please submit a request through the links below.
- Audio tours are available for rent in a variety of languages.
- Bags and purses are not permitted on tour.
- Guided tours could be bus tours that drive across the dam or guided walking tours of our outdoor exhibit areas, depending on what we can offer that day.
|Adults (18 - 54 years)||$8|
|Youth (6 - 17 years)||$7|
|Children (5 and under)||Free|
|Season pass add-on||$1|
|Audio tour rental||$4|
|School (K - 12)||Request a tour|
|Groups larger than 10 people
||Request a tour|
Admission prices include all applicable taxes.
How to contact us
Call us at 250 783 5048 or email email@example.com if you need more information.
How to get to our Visitor Centre
Located in the northeast of British Columbia, the W.A.C. Bennett Visitor Centre is near the town of Hudson's Hope, which is about a 1.5-hour drive from Fort St. John. From Highway 29 take Canyon Drive 21 km West to the Williston Reservoir.
For directions to our Visitor Centre visit Google Maps.
There are many other viewpoints nearby like the Peace Canyon Dam Viewing Deck that you can visit while you're in the area.
Take a sneak peek
Explore our centre through photos and read about what others have to say about their visits. Hopefully we'll see you here in person soon.