Powerhouse at Stave Falls
The Powerhouse at Stave Falls Visitor Centre is open until October 10, 2022. Please review the Covid-19 safety protocols and other details related to your visit below.
Take a walk through a 100 year old powerhouse and enjoy the historical displays, electricity demonstrations and many interactive exhibits. The Powerhouse at Stave Falls has something for everyone, from individuals to families and school groups. This former generating facility is also a National Historic Site of Canada filled with archival photos, artifacts and the original mechanical and electrical components which helped power the province.
Stave Falls Visitor Centre is located on the traditional territory of Kwantlen First Nation.
The Visitor Centre
(10:00am to 4:00 pm)
|Fall 2021||September 29, to November 2021||7 days/week|
|Winter 2021-2022||November 30, 2021 to February 2, 2022||5 days/week (closed Tuesday/Wednesday)|
|Winter break 2021-2022||Open select days||
Open: December 18 to 23 and 27 to 30
Closed: December 24, 25, 26, 31, Jan 1
|Spring 2022||February 3 to June 27, 2022||7 days/week|
|Summer 2022||June 28 to September 14, 2022||5 days/week (closed Tuesday/Wednesday)|
|Fall 2022||September 15 to October 10, 2022||7 days/week|
Operational hours are subject to change without notice.
- We have a great gift shop with a wide selection of souvenirs for our guests and refreshments are available for purchase.
- The Visitor Centre welcomes licensed service dogs only. All other animals are not permitted.
- Free parking is available for cars, RVs and buses.
- Our Visitor Centre is fully wheelchair accessible.
Health and Safety information for visitors to the Powerhouse at Stave Falls
Your health and safety are important to us. To ensure we are doing everything we can to make your visit safe and enjoyable, we’d like to share some details of our Communicable Disease prevention plan:
- Visitors age 5 and up are required to wear masks.
- Please maintain safe distance from other groups and our Tour Guides.
- Limited guided tours at this time and you can always explore on your own.
- Our high-touch items (i.e. audio tour rentals) are sanitized after every use.
- Interactive, high-touch areas have hand sanitizer stations close by for visitor use.
- Our reception desk has plexiglass dividers between our Tour Guides and visitors.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the Visitor Centre, including at the entrance.
- Ensure you continue to follow proper hygiene protocols and wash your hands regularly.
- The Visitor Centre has washrooms for visitor use, including accessible ones.We ask you to follow all signage and the direction of our helpful Tour Guides.
- If you are exhibiting any symptoms of illness or feeling sick, please stay home.
- If you are exhibiting any symptoms of illness or feeling sick, please stay home. We look forward to you visiting when you are well again!
- We offer guided and self-guided tours.
- We welcome drop in visitors and pre-booked tours.
- Groups larger than 10 people including school field trips and community groups must pre-book their tours.
- Audio tours are available in a variety of languages for guests wanting to tour the facility at their own pace.
|Adults (18-54 years)||$8|
|Youth (6 - 17 years)||$7|
|Children (5 and under)||Free|
|Season pass add-on||$1|
|Audio tour rental||$4|
|School (K-12)||Request a tour|
|Groups larger than 10 people||Request a tour|
Admission prices include all applicable taxes.
How to contact us
Call us at 604 462 1222 or email email@example.com if you need more information.
How to get to our Visitor Centre
The Powerhouse at Stave Falls is located at 31338 Dewdney Trunk Road in Mission, B.C.
For directions to our Visitor Centre visit Google Maps.
There are many other recreation areas nearby like the Stave Lake boat launch, the Stave Lake Reservoir Lodge and Campsite, the Hayward Lake Reservoir Recreation Area and the Ruskin Dam Recreation Area that you can visit while you're in the area.
Take a sneak peek
Explore our centre through photos and read about what others have to say about their visits. Hopefully we'll see you here in person soon.