Powerhouse at Stave Falls
Take a walk through a 100 year old powerhouse and enjoy the historical displays, electricity demonstrations and many interactive exhibits. The Powerhouse at Stave Falls has something for everyone, from individuals to families and school groups. This former generating facility is also a National Historic Site of Canada filled with archival photos, artifacts and the original mechanical and electrical components which helped power the province.
Stave Falls Visitor Centre is located on the traditional territory of Kwantlen First Nation.
The Visitor Centre
Season: Open until October 10, 2022
Days: 7 days a week, including weekends and holidays
Hours: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. each day
Operational hours are subject to change without notice.
- We have a great gift shop with a wide selection of souvenirs for our guests and refreshments are available for purchase.
- The Visitor Centre welcomes licensed service dogs only. All other animals are not permitted.
- Free parking is available for cars, RVs and buses.
- Our Visitor Centre is fully wheelchair accessible.
Health and Safety information for visitors to the Powerhouse at Stave Falls
Your health and safety are important to us. To ensure we are doing everything we can to make your visit safe and enjoyable, we’d like to share some details of our current Communicable Disease Prevention Plan:
- Masks are welcome in the Visitor Centre
- Please maintain a safe distance from other groups and our Tour Guides.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the Visitor Centre, including at the entrance.
- Interactive, high-touch areas have hand sanitizer stations close by for visitor use.
- Our high-touch items (i.e. audio tour rentals) are frequently sanitized.
- Our reception desk has plexiglass dividers between our Tour Guides and visitors.
- Ensure you continue to follow proper hygiene protocols and wash your hands regularly. The Visitor Centre has washrooms for visitor use, including accessible ones.
- We ask you to follow all signage and the direction of our helpful Tour Guides.
- If you are exhibiting any symptoms of illness or feeling sick, you’ll be asked to leave and visit another day. We look forward to you visiting when you are well again.
- We offer guided and self-guided tours.
- We welcome drop in visitors and pre-booked tours.
- Groups larger than 10 people including school field trips and community groups must pre-book their tours.
- Audio tours are available in a variety of languages for guests wanting to tour the facility at their own pace.
|Adults (18-54 years)||$8|
|Youth (6 - 17 years)||$7|
|Children (5 and under)||Free|
|Season pass add-on||$1|
|Audio tour rental||$4|
|School (K-12)||Request a tour|
|Groups larger than 10 people||Request a tour|
Admission prices include all applicable taxes.
How to contact us
Call us at 604 462 1222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need more information.
How to get to our Visitor Centre
The Powerhouse at Stave Falls is located at 31338 Dewdney Trunk Road in Mission, B.C.
For directions to our Visitor Centre visit Google Maps.
There are many other recreation areas nearby like the Stave Lake boat launch, the Stave Lake Reservoir Lodge and Campsite, the Hayward Lake Reservoir Recreation Area and the Ruskin Dam Recreation Area that you can visit while you're in the area.
Take a sneak peek
Explore our centre through photos and read about what others have to say about their visits. Hopefully we'll see you here in person soon.