Free energy saving kit
Available for low and moderate income households
If your household income falls within a certain range, you can get a free energy saving kit delivered right to your door. Energy saving kits can help you make your home more comfortable and energy-efficient all year.
Each kit includes simple, energy-saving products that you can install yourself. The products will help you seal up drafts in your home, save on your lighting costs, and reduce your home's water use.
The kit contains:
- LED bulbs
- Weatherstripping to reduce drafts around windows and doors
- High efficiency showerhead
- Water-saving tap aerators
- LED night light
- Fridge and freezer thermometer
- Step-by-step instruction guide [PDF, 3.4 MB] to help you install each product
You'll be able to customize your kit based on your specific needs through our application process.
How to apply
First, check our income qualification table to see if you're eligible for a free energy saving kit. If you are, you can apply for your free energy saving kit online or by calling 1 800 BCHYDRO (1 800 224 9376) or 604 224 9376 in the Lower Mainland between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. Monday to Friday, and between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Saturday.
When you apply, you'll be asked to provide:
- Your name and BC Hydro account number (found on the top right corner of your bill)
- The number of people in your household and your total household income
Do you rent your home? You can apply if the BC Hydro or New Westminster account is in your name.
Program in partnership with