Free energy saving kit
Available for low and moderate income households
If you live in an income-qualified household, you could qualify for a free energy saving kit to help save you energy and make your home more comfortable all year-round.
Each kit includes simple, energy-saving products that you can install yourself. With this kit, you can seal up the drafts around your home, save on lighting costs, and reduce your home's water use too.
The kit contains:
- LED bulbs
- Weatherstripping to reduce drafts around windows and doors
- High efficiency showerheads
- Water-saving tap aerators
- LED night light
- Fridge and freezer thermometer
- Step-by-step instruction guide [PDF, 3.4 MB] to help you install each product
You'll also be able to customize your kit during the online application process, based on the specific needs of your home.
How to apply
- Check our income qualification table to see if you're eligible for a free energy saving kit. If your household meets the income eligibility, proceed to step two.
- Apply online for your free energy saving kit or call 1 800 BCHYDRO (1 800 224 9376) or 604 224 9376 if you live in the Lower Mainland between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. Monday to Friday, and between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Saturday.
- You'll need to provide:
- Your first and last name
- Your BC Hydro or City of New Westminster account number (found on your BC Hydro bill)
- The number of people living in your household
- Your household's total income
Renting your place?
Do you rent your home? You can apply for a free kit if the BC Hydro or New Westminster account is in your name.
Program in partnership with