Skip to content

Free product installation and energy coaching


Energy Conservation Assistance Program

Manager giving advice to homeowner

Improve your home's comfort and save energy

If you live in an income-qualified household you could be eligible for free upgrades to help improve the comfort and efficiency of your home with our Energy Conservation Assistance Program.

Apply now


Products and upgrades available

The products and upgrades you'll receive depend on the housing type and individual characteristics of each home. They may include:

  • LED light bulbs and night light
  • High-efficiency showerheads
  • Faucet aerators
  • Door weather stripping
  • Insulating wrap for hot water pipes
  • Clothes drying rack
  • Carbon monoxide detectors
  • ENERGY STAR® fridge replacement
  • Insulation in walls, attic, or crawlspace

In addition to the products and upgrades above, if your home type is a manufactured/mobile home you could also be eligible for:

  • Heat pump*
  • Underbelly insulation

*Available if you're currently electrically heated and living in climate zones 4 and 5. View the climate zone map.

To apply for this offer, complete the application linked below and select manufactured/mobile home as your housing type.

How it works

  1. Check our income qualification table to make sure that you're eligible.
  2. Apply for the program. Once you're approved, an energy coach will contact you to schedule a visit to your home.
  3. During the visit, the energy coach will install energy-saving products throughout your home, all for free. Some homes may get a new refrigerator, air conditioner, and/or insulation. Note: If you live in an apartment or condo, you're only eligible to apply for the air conditioner offer.
  4. They'll also provide an overview of the products installed and personalized advice and tips to save energy.


Your household income must not exceed the amounts listed below. Income is based on the previous year and includes the combined income of all household members aged 18 and older.



1 person $39,700
2 people $49,500
3 people $60,800
4 people $73,800
5 people $83,700
6 people $94,400
7 or more people $105,100

  • Single-family detached home
  • Townhome
  • Rowhome
  • Duplex
  • Manufactured home / mobile home

Live in an apartment or condo and meet the income qualification? You can apply online for the air conditioner offer. You can also apply for a free energy saving kit.

Do you rent your home? You can still apply for this program if the BC Hydro or City of New Westminster utility account is in your name.

Have your landlord complete a landlord consent form [PDF, 159 KB] and submit the form along with the rest of your application. 

If you live in an apartment or condo, you are only eligible to apply for the portable air conditioner offer.

How to apply

Apply for the program online or by mailing a paper application [PDF, 245 KB].

With your application, you'll need to provide proof of income for each member of your household aged 18 or older.

If you're interested in the free portable air conditioner offer you can apply online here.

Submit a copy of one of the following documents for each member of your household aged 18 or older. Documents must be dated within the last year.

  • Notice of Assessment (NOA) from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). To get your NOA, please contact the CRA at 1 800 959 8281. Ensure that all information on the NOA is blacked out except for your name, effective date, and line 150.
  • Verification of income or disability assistance, e.g. your monthly report (cheque stub), or a printed copy of your Confirmation of Assistance if you're registered for My Self Serve.
  • Shelter Aid for Elderly Renters (SAFER) cheque stub, acknowledgement letter or benefit change letter from BC Housing.
  • A Rental Assistance Program acknowledgment letter or benefit change letter from BC Housing.
  • National Child Benefit Supplement notice from Canada Revenue Agency.
  • Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS) notice.

The following documents are not accepted as proof of income:

  • Income Tax Summary
  • T1 General
  • T4
  • BC Home Assessment


Have questions?

If you live in a single-family detached home, townhome, duplex, apartment, or condo:

  • To ask about the initial home visit, or fridge replacement, contact our program partner It's On Electric at 1 855 560 3227.
  • If you've qualified for an insulation upgrade, contact our program partner Ecofitt, a CLEAResult company at 1 833 455 9029.

If you live in a manufactured/mobile home

  • Contact our program partner Ecofitt, a CLEAResult company at 1 833 455 9029.

For all other inquiries, please give our team a call at 1 800 224 9376. 

Please note, to help us evaluate this program you may receive a call from our program partner, Ecolighten.

Safety for in-home visits

We're continuing to take steps to protect the health and safety of you and our contractors, including:

  • A COVID-19 pre-screening survey before the home visit.
  • Sanitizing areas in the home where products are installed.
  • Wearing masks and maintaining distance whenever possible.

Program in partnership with

Province of BC

Fortis BC

Pacific Northern Gas

Related programs

Energy saving kit

Get a free kit of energy-saving products delivered to your door. Install them yourself to help save on your electricity costs. Available to low- and moderate-income households, including apartments and condos.