Revelstoke Dam Visitor Centre
Opening on Saturday, May 21, 2022
The Revelstoke Dam Visitor Centre has safety measures in place, including a proof of vaccination requirement.
When you arrive you'll be in front of one of the most powerful dams in B.C. We welcome you into the Visitor Centre to learn about the history of the dam, enjoy fun and educational exhibits and experience our First Nations Gallery.
Whether you're on a self-guided or guided tour you'll be able to take an elevator to the top of the dam for a breathtaking downstream view of the Columbia River Valley.
Revelstoke Dam Visitor Centre is located on the traditional territory of the Syilx Okanagan Nation, Secwepemc and in ʔamakʔis Ktunaxa.
The Visitor Centre
Season: Open from May 21 – September 5, 2022
Days: 7 days a week, including weekends and holidays
Hours: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. each day
Operational hours are subject to change without notice.
- Visitors must stop at a security checkpoint prior to arriving at our Visitor Centre. Please see vaccination and identification requirements below.
- Our Visitor Centre is fully wheelchair accessible.
- We have a great gift shop with a wide selection of souvenirs for our guests and refreshments are available for purchase.
- We welcome licensed service dogs only. Other animals are not permitted.
- Bags and purses aren't permitted in the Visitor Centre. There are a limited number of free lockers available.
- Free parking is available for cars, RVs and buses.
Health and Safety information for Visitors
Your health and safety are important to us and so is the responsibility of powering our province. The Revelstoke Dam and Generating station is a fully vaccinated worksite adjacent to critical operations infrastructure.
To ensure we are doing everything we can to make your visit safe and enjoyable, we’d like to share some details of our current Communicable Disease Prevention Plan:
- All employees, contractors and visitors must prove their vaccination status to be onsite.
- Visitors ages 12 and up must demonstrate proof of vaccination before gaining entry into the Visitor Centre parking lot, past the guard gate.
- Ages 12-18 must prove at least one dose
- Ages 19 and up must prove full vaccination (at least two doses) and provide government issued ID
- Masks are welcome in the Visitor Centre.
- Please maintain a safe distance from other groups and our Tour Guides.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the Visitor Centre, including at the entrance.
- Interactive, high-touch areas have hand sanitizer stations close by for visitor use.
- Our high-touch items (i.e. audio tour rentals) are frequently sanitized.
- Our reception desk has plexiglass dividers between our Tour Guides and visitors.
- Ensure you continue to follow proper hygiene protocols and wash your hands regularly. The Visitor Centre has washrooms for visitor use, including accessible ones.
- We ask you to follow all signage and the direction of our helpful Tour Guides.
- If you are exhibiting any symptoms of illness or feeling sick, you’ll be asked to leave and visit another day. We look forward to you visiting when you are well again!
- We offer guided and self-guided tours with daily tour schedules posted onsite. As a working powerhouse and dam, tour options may change without notice.
- Groups larger than 10 people (including school field trips and community groups) must pre-book their tours.
- Audio tours are available to rent in a variety of languages for guests wanting to tour the facility at their own pace.
|Adults (18 - 54 years)||$8|
|Youth (6 - 17 years)||$7|
|Children (5 and under)||Free|
|Season pass add-on||$1|
|Audio tour rental||$4|
|School (K - 12)||Request a tour|
|Groups larger than 10 people||Request a tour|
Admission prices include all applicable taxes.
How to contact us
Call us at 250 814 6697 or email email@example.com if you need more information.
How to get to our Visitor Centre
The Revelstoke Dam Visitor Centre is located only 5 km north of the town of Revelstoke on HWY 23N. For directions to our Visitor Centre visit Google Maps.
Take a sneak peak
Explore our centre through photos and read about what others have to say about their visits. Hopefully we'll see you here in person soon.