Revelstoke Dam Visitor Centre
Revelstoke Dam Visitor Centre closed due to COVID-19
Public safety is our top priority at BC Hydro. The Visitor Centres will remain closed for the time being as we carefully review plans to re-open each unique centre while ensuring we can adhere to Provincial Health guidelines and prioritize the health and safety of visitors, contractors and employees. Each location has its own unique reopening challenges - considering the interactive, hands-on elements; supporting physical distancing for visitors; and conducting guided tours. We are continually reassessing and are working on our plans. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
When you arrive you'll be in front of one of the most powerful dams in B.C. We welcome you into the Visitor Centre to learn about the history of the dam, enjoy fun and educational exhibits and experience our First Nations Gallery.
Whether you're on a self-guided or guided tour you'll be able to take an elevator to the top of the dam for a breathtaking downstream view of the Columbia River Valley.
The Visitor Centre
- Adult visitors need to provide valid photo ID to cross a security checkpoint prior to arriving at our Visitor Centre.
- Our Visitor Centre is fully wheelchair accessible.
- We have a great gift shop with a wide selection of souvenirs for our guests and refreshments are available for purchase.
- We welcome licensed service dogs only. Other animals are not permitted.
- Bags and purses aren't permitted in the Visitor Centre. There are a limited number of free lockers available.
- Free parking is available for cars, RVs and buses.
- We offer guided and self-guided tours.
- Groups larger than 10 people (including school field trips and community groups) must pre-book their tours.
- Audio tours are available in a variety of languages for guests wanting to tour the facility at their own pace.
|Guided tour schedule|
|10:30 a.m.||11:30 a.m.||1:30 p.m.|
Guests must arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled tour times.
This is our regular schedule but as we're a working dam and powerhouse, unforeseen issues may arise that require us to cancel tours.
|Adults (18 - 54 years)||$8|
|Youth (6 - 17 years)||$7|
|Children (5 and under)||Free|
|Season pass add-on||$1|
|Audio tour rental||$4|
|School (K - 12)||Request a tour|
|Groups larger than 10 people||Request a tour|
Admission prices include all applicable taxes.
How to contact us
Call us at 250 814 6697 or email email@example.com if you need more information.
How to get to our Visitor Centre
The Revelstoke Dam Visitor Centre is located only 5 km north of the town of Revelstoke on HWY 23N. For directions to our Visitor Centre visit Google Maps.
Take a sneak peak
Explore our centre through photos and read about what others have to say about their visits. Hopefully we'll see you here in person soon.