Prices regulated by the BCUC
BC Hydro's services and pricing are regulated by the B.C. Utilities Commission (BCUC). The Electric Tariff contains the approved terms and conditions of distribution voltage service provided by BC Hydro as well as the approved rates for service at distribution voltage and transmission voltage.
Additional terms and conditions of transmission voltage service are contained in Tariff Supplements 5 and 6.
What the terms and conditions cover
The Electric Tariff [PDF, 1.8 MB] is BC Hydro’s service agreement with customers, and it governs all aspects of using our services, including:
- Provision of electricity (connections, equipment on private property, upgrades, etc.)
- Metering (installation, testing, etc.)
- Meter reading and billing
- Rates and charges
- Load changes and operations
- Distribution extensions (35 kV and less)
- General provisions (resale of electricity, rental premises, liabilities, etc.)
- Rate zone special terms
- Schedule of standard charges
Electricity rates information
While the Electric Tariff includes a list of rates and charges, see our electricity rates section for more user-friendly explanations of rates specific to residential, business, Zone II and street lighting.
This tariff information is provided for your convenience. If there are differences between this material and the official printed versions of BC Hydro's Tariffs, the official version approved by the BCUC shall prevail.
- Tariff Supplement 5 – Electricity Supply Agreement (ESA) [PDF, 3.0 MB]
- Tariff Supplement 6 – Facilities Agreement [PDF, 1.4 MB]
- Tariff Supplement 54 – Modified Demand Agreement for RS 1852 [PDF, 1.4 MB]
- Tariff Supplement 58 – Richmond Plywood Corporation Limited (has been extended to February 28, 2022) [PDF, 733 KB]
- Tariff Supplement 74 – Customer Baseline Load Determination Guidelines [PDF, 1.4 MB]
- Tariff Supplement 86 – Shore Power Service Agreement [PDF, 459 KB]
- Tariff Supplement 87 – Agreement for Customers with an Indirect Interconnection to the BC Hydro System Taking Electricity under an Applicable Rate Schedule [PDF, 183 KB]
- Tariff Supplement 88 – Agreement for New Transmission Service Customers with an Indirect Interconnection to the BC Hydro System [PDF, 145 KB]
- Tariff Supplement 89 – Billing Formula for Customers that Sell Electricity to BC Hydro pursuant to an Electricity Purchase Agreement with a Contracted GBL [PDF, 137 KB]
- Tariff Supplement 93 – West Fraser Mills Ltd – Pacific Inland Resources Division [PDF, 241 KB]
- Tariff Supplement 95 – Department of National Defence [PDF, 395 KB]
- Tariff Supplement 100 - Canadian Forest Products Ltd [PDF, 249 KB]
- Tariff Supplements 91 and 92 for Fortis Tilbury were rescinded in 2019 by government direction
- Tariff Supplement 37 for the Northwest Transmission Line was rescinded in 2021 by government direction