Home renovation rebates
Planning a renovation to make your home more energy efficient? You could get up to $10,000 in rebates by making upgrades in accordance with our Home Renovation Rebates program.
Registration for the Double the rebate promotion has ended.
If you have a promotion code, ensure your upgrades are completed and invoiced by March 31, 2021. Submit your rebate application along with the promo code within six months of your invoice date. Learn more about this offer on our Double the Rebate page.
Applicants are responsible for ensuring they meet the program eligibility requirements prior to applying.
To be eligible for home renovation rebates:
- You must be a current residential account holder with BC Hydro or FortisBC. Electrically-heated homes served by local municipal utilities are also eligible.
- Customers with electrically-heated homes by BC Hydro must meet the minimum electricity consumption requirements; use our electricity consumption check to determine your eligibility.
- The residence must be a single-family home, duplex, row home, townhouse (with its own utility meter), or a mobile home on a permanent foundation. Condos and apartments aren’t eligible for this offer.
- The upgrades must be made at a year-round primary residence
- The residence must have a twelve (12) months of utility billing history.
- The upgrades must be completed by a licensed contractor with a valid B.C. business license for the relevant work and a GST number.
Get all the details about rebate eligibility.
Select an upgrade type below to learn about the product and installation criteria you need to meet to be eligible for our rebates.
Rebate application process step-by-step
If you want your home renovation to be eligible for our rebates, follow our step-by-step guide to make sure that you're meeting the program requirements along the way.
We've also put together some helpful information about finding qualified contractors and energy advisors, and provided information about how to get bonus rebates by completing more than one energy-efficient upgrade.
The Home Renovation Rebate Program and CleanBC Home Efficiency Rebates is a partnership between BC Hydro, FortisBC and CleanBC. It is an integrated offer of rebates to help residential customers like you, make energy efficient upgrades that make your home more comfortable year-round, save on energy bills and reduce your greenhouse gases.
For customers this means one application form to receive rebates regardless of who the rebate sponsor is. The process is designed to make it easy to apply and receive your rebate as quickly as possible.