Renovating windows and doors
Renovating the windows and exterior doors in your home will help you prevent drafts and save energy. Energy-efficient windows and doors are built to insulate better, equipped with a range of features that help prevent heat loss in the winter, and heat gain in the summer.
Rebates for windows and doors
|Windows: U-Factor 1.40 – 1.23 (W/m2-K)*||$50 per window, maximum rebate $1,000|
|Windows/doors: U-factor 1.22 (W/m2-K) or less||$100 per window or door, maximum rebate $2,000|
Double the rebate offer
For a limited time, you can receive double your rebate on select window and door upgrades through our double the rebate offer. Pre-registration required.
Make sure your upgrade is eligible
- Eligible windows and doors must be listed with one of the following certification bodies:
- To be eligible to receive the Tier 1 rebate, the windows must have a metric U-Factor between 1.23 and 1.40 (W/m2-K). The U-Factor rating is indicated on the label. (*Vancouver homes are not eligible for the Tier 1 rebate).
- To be eligible to receive the Tier 2 rebate, the windows and doors must have a maximum U-Factor of 1.22 (W/m2-K).
- Skylights are not eligible for a rebate.
Learn more about efficiency requirements for our windows and door rebates [PDF, 1.0 MB].
Refer to the consumer guide for windows and door replacement [PDF, 2.0 MB] to help you learn about key considerations when replacing windows and doors.
- Windows and doors must replace existing windows and doors in the building envelope of the home between an unheated space (e.g. outdoors) and a heated space.
- The number of windows and/or doors eligible for rebates is based on the number of rough openings (RO) in which windows or doors were replaced. Each RO is counted as one window and/or door.
- A bay window, which may be made up of several window sections, is regarded as one RO.
- All windows and/or doors installed must be new, in good working order, not previously installed in another home or building.
- The upgrades need to be completed by a licensed contractor with a valid B.C. business license for the relevant work and a GST number.
Have you made sure your home is eligible? Get all the details about eligibility.
Application deadline and required documents
You must submit your rebate application and all supporting documentation within six months of the invoice date.
The supporting documents required for our window/door rebate are the invoice and photos of the manufacturer labels for each window/door installed. Make sure the invoice meets all the requirements, outlined in our window/door sample invoice [PDF, 125 KB].
Use the windows/door rebate checklist [PDF, 293 KB] to help you gather all the required information for a successful application.
Bundle your upgrades to get $300-$2000 bonus
If you complete two or more eligible upgrades, you may qualify for bonus offers of up to $2,000. Learn more about how bonus rebates work.
|Two Upgrade Bonus||Install any two eligible upgrades within 18 months and receive a $300 bonus.|
|Home Energy Improvement Bonus||
|EnerGuide Home Evaluation Rebate||