Home renovation rebates
Get up to $10,000 in home renovation rebates
Planning a renovation to make your home more energy efficient? Learn about the rebates we have available and the eligibility requirements for each. We also have a handy step-by-step guide to help you through the process to ensure you receive your rebate.
Before starting your renovation, it can be helpful to understand how your home works as a system. This can help you identify the best approach for your renovation to maximize your home's efficiency and get the most out of your investment.
Double the rebate promotion
If you participated in our double the rebate promotion and recieved your code, we’re extending the time you have to install your upgrades. Upgrades must now be completed and invoiced by June 30, 2021. You then have six months from the invoice date to submit your rebate application.
Applicants are responsible for ensuring they meet the program eligibility requirements prior to applying.
To be eligible for home renovation rebates:
- You must be a current residential account holder with BC Hydro or FortisBC. Electrically-heated homes served by local municipal utilities are also eligible.
- Customers with electrically-heated homes by BC Hydro must meet the minimum electricity consumption requirements; use our electricity consumption check to determine your eligibility.
- The residence must be a single-family home, duplex, row home, townhouse (with its own utility meter), or a mobile home on a permanent foundation. Condos and apartments aren’t eligible for this offer.
- The upgrades must be made at a year-round primary residence
- The residence must have a twelve (12) months of utility billing history.
- The upgrades must be completed by a licensed contractor with a valid B.C. business license for the relevant work and a GST number.
Get all the details about rebate eligibility.
Select an upgrade type below to learn about the product and installation criteria you need to meet to be eligible for our rebates.
Rebate application process step-by-step
Follow our step-by-step guide to make sure that you're meeting the program requirements along the way.
We've also put together some helpful information about finding qualified contractors and energy advisors, and provided information about how to get bonus rebates by completing more than one energy-efficient upgrade.
The Home Renovation Rebate Program and CleanBC Home Efficiency Rebates is a partnership between BC Hydro, FortisBC and CleanBC. It is an integrated offer of rebates to help residential customers like you, make energy efficient upgrades that make your home more comfortable year-round, save on energy bills and reduce your greenhouse gases.
For customers this means one application form to receive rebates regardless of who the rebate sponsor is. The process is designed to make it easy to apply and receive your rebate as quickly as possible. A complete list of. rebate eligibility requirements for all BC Hydro, FortisBC and CleanBC rebates can be found here.