Statement on Comprehensive Review Phase 2 Interim Report
BC Hydro is committed to working with the Province as it continues work on Phase 2 of its Comprehensive Review of BC Hydro.
The purpose of the interim report is to outline the work-to-date on Phase 2 and present ideas for discussion, including:
- optional rate designs for residential, commercial and industrial customers;
- measures to overcome barriers to electrification for industry and attract new businesses to B.C.;
- changes to provide more flexibility for BC Hydro to meet future electricity demand;
- a 100 per cent clean energy standard; and,
- opportunities for Indigenous Nations to participate in the energy sector.
Phase 2 of the review will help guide our decisions as we work to ensure BC Hydro is well-positioned within the changing energy sector and to support the objectives of the Province’s CleanBC Plan.
The final report is expected in spring 2020 and outcomes of the review will help inform our Integrated Resource Plan, which we plan to submit to the BC Utilities Commission in early 2021.
BC Hydro Media Relations
p. 604 928 6468