More Peace Region community programs receive BC Hydro GO Fund grants
FORT ST. JOHN: BC Hydro is contributing $39,500 to support five Peace Region non-profit groups through the Site C project’s Generate Opportunities (GO) Fund.
The award recipients support community food banks, counselling, gardening, seniors and youth programs.
Recipients receiving the grants are:
- Fort St. John & Area Senior's Care Foundation for programs serving seniors who reside at home, including the Meals and Wheels and Better at Home programs;
- Friends of Hudson’s Hope Society for a year-round food bank and a Christmas Hamper Program for seniors, children and youth and disabled residents (awarded in March 2020);
- Fort St. John and District Palliative Care Society for grief counselling, volunteer training and hosting public events (awarded in March 2020);
- Peace Community Church Society for its Taylor Community Orchard and Garden program to provide food and resources for vulnerable individuals and families in Taylor and the surrounding area (awarded in March 2020); and,
- Chetwynd Planning Society for its Chetwynd Circus Camp Program teaching youth self esteem, leadership and teamwork (awarded in March 2020).
The $800,000 fund was established in 2016. So far, $477,000 has been distributed to 54 projects. Applications for funding are accepted on an ongoing basis and funds are distributed quarterly over an eight-year period.
For more information on the fund, including past recipients and application details, visit: sitecproject.com/gofund.
BC Hydro Media Relations
p. 604 928 6468