The Annual Outage Plan [XLS, 63 KB] provides information on Planned Transmission Outages. Capacity estimates and intertie limitations are prepared in prior months for the purpose of early advance planning. Real time and near real time changes to the capacity estimates and intertie limitations will not be reflected in this posting; as such, capacity estimates that change near real time will be reflected on OASIS.
Outages noted in the plan may have customer, resource or intertie impacts. Outages that do not impact the intertie capacities but may have other system impacts may also be included in the post.
The plan is also posted to facilitate the NWPP 45-day Outage Co-ordination Process, which requires identification of planned outages that affect intertie capacities a minimum of 45 days in advance of the start of the calendar month in which they occur.
Capacity estimates and intertie limitations are proposed in the planning stage and will not be updated for real time conditions.
Posting of updates will be made at approximately 10:00 PDT on business days.
- That limits on the transfer capability are only for those outages as listed in the Outage Plans above. During the outages, limits may need to be reduced further for load, generation, and other topology changes in real time. These limits may be further reduced due to transmission outages and system conditions outside of BC.
- The limits in the outage plans are estimates for advance planning and will not be updated in real time in the linked document.
- All times are in Pacific Daylight Time (PDT).
- Business days are based on Canadian Statutory Holidays calendar.
- For further information on the AOP posting, please see the What has Changed [PDF, 14 KB] reference.
The Outage Planning 2019 Forward [XLS, 32 KB] provides information on approved and approval-pending projects beyond the current year. These projects will likely require outage coordination with one of more BC Hydro's transmission customers or neighboring systems. The information may change from time to time as project status are changed or updated.
BC Hydro cannot provide any information on Planned Maintenance Outages by Bonneville Power Administration (BPA) or Alberta Electric System Operator (AESO) transmission systems. Please contact the utilities directly using the following links: