The Annual Outage Plan [XLS, 63 KB] (AOP) provides information on Planned Transmission Outages. Capacity estimates for intertie limitations are prepared in prior months for the purpose of advance planning. Real Time and near Real Time changes to the capacity estimates and intertie limitations will not be reflected in this posting, but are posted on OASIS.
Outages noted in the AOP may have customer, resource or intertie impacts. Outages that do not impact the intertie capacities but may have other system impacts may also be included in the posting.
The AOP is also posted to facilitate the interconnection transmission outage coordination processes with neighboring transmission entities. BC Hydro welcomes feedback on the postings to aid in adapting to changes in the needs/demands for additional Transmission Service capacities.
Capacity estimates and intertie limitations are identified in the planning stage for outages, and may not be updated in the AOP as conditions change.
Posting of updates will be made hourly at approximately 5 mins after the hour.
- That limits on the transfer capability are only for those outages as listed in the Outage Plans above. During the outages, limits may need to be reduced further for load, generation, and other topology changes in real time. These limits may be further reduced due to transmission outages and system conditions outside of BC.
- The limits in the outage plans are estimates for advance planning and will not be updated in real time in the linked document.
- All times are in Pacific Daylight Time (PDT).
- Business days are based on Canadian Statutory Holidays calendar.
- For further information on the AOP posting, please see the What has Changed [PDF, 14 KB] reference.
The Outage Planning 2020 Forward [XLS, 32 KB] provides information on approved and approval-pending projects beyond the current year. These projects will likely require outage coordination with one of more BC Hydro's transmission customers or neighboring systems. The information may change from time to time as project status are changed or updated.
BC Hydro cannot provide any information on Planned Maintenance Outages by Bonneville Power Administration (BPA) or Alberta Electric System Operator (AESO) transmission systems. Please contact the utilities directly using the following links: