W.A.C. Bennett Dam Visitor Centre
The W.A.C. Bennett Dam Visitor Centre is open for 2022 with new tour offerings for all our visitors to enjoy.
The W.A.C. Bennett Dam is one of the world's largest earth-fill structures. It holds back the Williston Reservoir, which is so large that it can be seen from space.
To enjoy the spectacular view we welcome you to our Visitor Centre. It offers fun and educational exhibits that showcase dam construction, wildlife in the area, how we turn water into electricity, and a First Nations Gallery.
Included in your admission is an amazing guided tour experience that gives you a unique perspective of the dam.
The W.A.C. Bennett dam is located on the traditional territory of Treaty 8 First Nations.
The Visitor Centre
Season: Open from May 21 – September 5, 2022
Days: 7 days a week, including weekends and holidays
Hours: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. each day
Operational hours are subject to change without notice.
- Our Visitor Centre is fully wheelchair accessible however our guided bus tours are not.
- We have a great gift shop onsite where you can purchase souvenirs and some snacks and drinks.
- We welcome licensed service dogs only. Other animals are not permitted.
- There are a limited number of free lockers available to store bags and purses during tours.
- Free parking is available for cars, RVs and buses.
Health and Safety information for visitors to the Powerhouse at Stave Falls
Your health and safety are important to us. To ensure we are doing everything we can to make your visit safe and enjoyable, we’d like to share some details of our current Communicable Disease Prevention Plan:
- Masks are welcome in the Visitor Centre
- Please maintain a safe distance from other groups and our Tour Guides.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the Visitor Centre, including at the entrance.
- Interactive, high-touch areas have hand sanitizer stations close by for visitor use.
- Our high-touch items (i.e. audio tour rentals) are frequently sanitized.
- Our reception desk has plexiglass dividers between our Tour Guides and visitors.
- Ensure you continue to follow proper hygiene protocols and wash your hands regularly. The Visitor Centre has washrooms for visitor use, including accessible ones.
- We ask you to follow all signage and the direction of our helpful Tour Guides.
- If you are exhibiting any symptoms of illness or feeling sick, you’ll be asked to leave and visit another day. We look forward to you visiting when you are well again.
- We offer guided and self-guided tours.
- We welcome drop in visitors and pre-booked tours.
- Groups larger than 10 people (including school field trips and community groups) must pre-book their tours.
- Audio tours are available in a variety of languages.
- Bags and purses aren't permitted on tour.
- Guided tours could be bus tours that drive across the dam or guided walking tours of our outdoor exhibit areas, depending on what we can offer that day.
- As a working powerhouse and dam, tour options may change without notice.
|Adults (18 - 54 years)||$8|
|Youth (6 - 17 years)||$7|
|Children (5 and under)||Free|
|Season pass add-on||$1|
|Audio tour rental||$4|
|School (K - 12)||Request a tour|
|Groups larger than 10 people
||Request a tour|
Admission prices include all applicable taxes.
How to contact us
Call us at 250 783 5048 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need more information.
How to get to our Visitor Centre
Located in the northeast of British Columbia, the W.A.C. Bennett Visitor Centre is near the town of Hudson's Hope, which is about a 1.5-hour drive from Fort St. John. From Highway 29 take Canyon Drive 21 km West to the Williston Reservoir.
For directions to our Visitor Centre visit Google Maps.
There are many other viewpoints nearby like the Peace Canyon Dam Viewing Deck that you can visit while you're in the area.
Take a sneak peek
Explore our centre through photos and read about what others have to say about their visits. Hopefully we'll see you here in person soon.