W.A.C. Bennett Dam Visitor Centre
The W.A.C. Bennett Dam is one of the world's largest earth-fill structures. It holds back the Williston Reservoir, which is so large that it can be seen from space.
Enjoy the spectacular view from our Visitor Centre. It offers fun and educational exhibits that showcase dam construction, wildlife in the area, how we turn water into clean electricity, and more. It also has the "Our Story, Our Voice" First Nations Gallery and exterior exhibits you can enjoy walking through.
Included in your admission is an optional guided tour experience that gives you a unique perspective of the dam.
The W.A.C. Bennett Dam is located on the traditional territory of Treaty 8 First Nations.
The Visitor Centre
Season: Open May 20, 2023 – September 4, 2023
Days: 7 days a week, including weekends and holidays
Hours: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. each day
Operational hours are subject to change without notice.
- Our Visitor Centre is fully wheelchair accessible however our guided bus tours are not.
- We have a wide selection of souvenirs available for purchase in our gift shop.
- The Visitor Centre welcomes licensed service dogs only. All other animals are not permitted.
- There are a limited number of free lockers available to store bags and purses during tours.
- Free parking is available for cars, RVs and buses.
- If you're exhibiting symptoms of illness, we ask that you visit another day.
Guided Tour Schedule
Guests must arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled tour times.
This is our regular schedule but as we're a working dam and powerhouse, unforeseen issues may arise that require us to cancel tours.
- We offer guided and self-guided tours.
- We welcome drop in visitors and pre-booked tours.
- Groups larger than 10 people including school field trips and community groups must pre-book their tours. Please submit a request through the links below.
- Audio tours are available for rent in a variety of languages.
- Bags and purses are not permitted on tour.
- Guided tours could be bus tours that drive across the dam or guided walking tours of our outdoor exhibit areas, depending on what we can offer that day.
|Adults (18 - 54 years)||$8|
|Youth (6 - 17 years)||$7|
|Children (5 and under)||Free|
|Season pass add-on||$1|
|Audio tour rental||$4|
|School (K - 12)||Request a tour|
|Groups larger than 10 people
||Request a tour|
Admission prices include all applicable taxes.
How to contact us
Call us at 250 783 5048 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need more information.
How to get to our Visitor Centre
Located in the northeast of British Columbia, the W.A.C. Bennett Visitor Centre is near the town of Hudson's Hope, which is about a 1.5-hour drive from Fort St. John. From Highway 29 take Canyon Drive 21 km West to the Williston Reservoir.
For directions to our Visitor Centre visit Google Maps.
There are many other viewpoints nearby like the Peace Canyon Dam Viewing Deck that you can visit while you're in the area.
Take a sneak peek
Explore our centre through photos and read about what others have to say about their visits. Hopefully we'll see you here in person soon.