Industrial energy manager
Get funding to hire an on-site energy manager
There are plenty of ways to save money on energy costs, but you need to know about them in order to use them. That’s where an industrial energy manager can help, working on your site every day to manage energy costs while boosting productivity and product quality.
We'll provide the funding for you to hire an industrial energy manager to help with your business' energy usage, invest in energy efficiency measures and track savings over the long term.
Here’s what’s included:
- Up to 75% of your energy manager’s salary funding.
- 100% funding for energy management consulting services, which can be used for coaching, training, plan and policy development, and more.
- 100% funding for the required training of your new energy manager.
- 100% funding for the cost of an on-site energy management assessment.
- Funding up to $80,000 for energy monitoring and targeting.
- 100% funding for a planning workshop to facilitate your custom plan.
- Generous funding for employee engagement activities including training and awareness events.
This is a free assessment to review and rate your facility’s energy efficiency. It’s a great option if you’re interested in better understanding how your facility uses energy.
At the end of the session, you’ll receive:
- An energy management scorecard, which outlines your facility’s performance in multiple areas and shows where you can improve.
- A customized action plan to integrate energy management into your operations, including prioritized action items.
- A list of resources and incentives we offer that are available to you.
Your industrial energy manager will work with service providers to develop targets for your facility’s energy use and to propose a system to help meet those targets.
Once you have an approved proposal, we’ll provide funding up to $80,000 to implement one or a combination of the following monitoring systems, as chosen by your industrial energy manager.
|TYPE OF MONITORING||BEST SUITED FOR|
|Real-time monitoring of your whole facility.||Operations with several small- to medium-sized load centres.|
|Energy monitoring of one of the largest energy-using systems at your facility.*||Large industrial processes where key unit operations consume a large amount of energy.|
|Advanced modelling.||More complex processes and operations. May also be required for specific pieces of equipment that include many input variables.|
*If targeting one system, to be eligible it must use at least one gigawatt-hour per year. For a 200-horsepower system, that’s roughly 6,000 hours of operation.
How it works
- Contact your Key Account Manager to check if you’re eligible and determine if an energy manager is the right fit for your business.
- Hire an energy manager. We can help with this, but ultimately it’s up to you to interview and hire the right candidate, because they’ll be your employee.
- With the support of BC Hydro-funded energy consultants, your energy manager will work on energy initiatives at your business.
- This includes an energy management assessment as well as the planning and implementation of other energy management projects.
- Your energy manager and their energy consultant will work with us to monitor your energy performance. They’ll create quarterly reports to measure progress toward your company’s energy targets.
- We’ll reimburse 75% of your energy manager’s salary through a performance contract.
- Your facility uses over 15 gigawatt-hours of electricity per year.
- You're willing to hire an energy manager as a full-time employee.
- Your candidate's salary and qualifications meet certain criteria, subject to approval.
- Your organization is willing to participate in an energy management assessment.
- Your senior leadership will provide the necessary resources to implement and maintain your strategic energy management plan.
How to apply
Connect with your Key Account Manager to find out if you qualify and to get started.
If you’re not sure who to talk to, contact our business help desk at 1 866 522 4713.