BC Hydro doubles select home renovation rebates
In response to COVID-19, rebates double for heat pumps, windows and doors
In a bid to help restart the B.C. economy and help customers save energy in their homes, BC Hydro is doubling rebate amounts for select energy-efficient upgrades including heat pumps (for space or water heating), windows and doors. There's also a bonus offer for those who hire a Program Registered Contractor to take advantage of existing insulation upgrade rebates.
The doubled offer and insulation bonus offer are available for a limited time. You're eligible if you're a BC Hydro customer who meets a minimum electricity use requirement – use our program eligibility tool to ensure you're eligible.
To qualify, customers will need to register for a promo code, which will be sent via email, on bchydro.com between October 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020. Upgrades need to be completed and invoiced by March 31, 2021.
Eligible upgrades (with maximum rebate amounts) include:
- Up to $2,000 for variable speed mini split air source heat pumps, either single or multi-head installations, with an HSPF of at least 9.3 and a SEER of at least 16.
- Up to $4,000 for variable speed central air source heat pumps with an HSPF of at least 9.3 and a SEER of at least 16.
- Up to $2,000 for heat pump hot water heaters
- $200 per window or door, for products with a U-factor of 1.22 or less
- $200 per customer for Insulation upgrades performed by a Program Registered Contractor, for renovations that qualify for a minimum $500 insulation rebate.
- Considering a heat pump? Info and tips
- Home renovation safety in the time of COVID-19
- Attic insulation upgrades pay off for B.C. homes
- Get it right by hiring an expert for your heat pump installation
- Heat pump, insulation drive comfort in Sicamous, B.C. home
- Colwood customer raves about his new heat pump
- Couple gets comfy with heat pump in 120-year-old Nakusp home