Manage your electricity use from anywhere
Do you wish you had more control over your electricity use? With the HydroHome mobile app you can monitor and control how much electricity you're using at any given time right from your smart phone or tablet.
Tracking your electricity use regularly is one of the best ways to lower your electricity use and save money. The app is packed with energy management features designed to help you save, plus, you can connect smart home products for greater control over how you use electricity at home. Want to learn more about how to use the HydroHome energy management app? See this video by Powerley.
Interested? Join the trial
We're offering a limited number of customers the chance to test the HydroHome app, developed by Powerley. Join the trial now and get an advanced preview of how you can keep a closer eye on your electricity use.
Already registered? Here’s how to get started.
To participate in the trial, you need to:
- Be a residential account holder
- Have an online MyHydro profile with a linked account
- Have a connected smart meter that communicates remotely with BC Hydro
- Have a smartphone or tablet; iOS 13+ (iPhone 6 and above) or Android Version 7+
With the app alone, HydroHome's tracking tools and alerts make it easy to stay on top of your electricity use. Knowing how and when you're using electricity, as well as the associated costs, can help you take action to reduce your usage and save.
With the HydroHome app you can:
- Track your daily electricity use and view your usage history down to the hour of the previous day
- Receive energy breakdown analytics to see how much electricity you’re using for heating, cooling or other key loads within your home
- Receive reports on your energy usage
- Set usage targets and consumption alerts to keep you on track
- Access live power outage information
- Easily upgrade to live data with the purchase of a smart hub through the app ($49)
Tracking your electricity use with the HydroHome app is the starting point. From there, you have the option to build your smart home by connecting a smart hub and adding smart home products.
Connecting a smart hub means you benefit from all the HydroHome tracking tools and features, plus, you upgrade to real-time electricity use data. This gives you a more accurate look at how much energy you’re using at any given time, broken down by individual smart devices.
The smart hub is the central point that connects the mobile app and your smart home devices. You can purchase the HydroHome smart hub directly from within the app for $49 and connect as many smart home products as you want.
View the full list of compatible smart home products [PDF, 68 KB].
Please note, if you live in an apartment or townhouse complex, a smart hub might not be able to communicate with your smart meter. The hub can still be used with the app to control smart devices; however, the live energy data may not be available. If you have questions about your home’s smart meter configuration, please email us.
Once you connect a smart hub, you can integrate your home's smart devices to automatically adjust to your needs.
Smart home products allow you to:
- Control lights, smart plugs, thermostat
- Set schedules for your lights, smart plugs and thermostat
- Security features like door locks
- Design automation features that provide personalized alerts
- Get alerts from smoke and water leak detectors
- Set up motion alerts for doors and windows
- Review a monthly electricity use breakdown
These devices are available through retailers or you can purchase them directly from the HydroHome app.
If you're ready to get started, log in to MyHydro and apply to join the trial.
Once you've joined the trial, here's what to do next:
- Download the HydroHome app from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store
- Watch for an email from Powerley with your login information and a link to create a password
- Then you have the option to purchase the HydroHome smart hub from the app
- From there, you can install smart home devices and connect them to your HydroHome app