Energy Wise Network
Get coaching and funding to start saving energy at work
If you’re wondering how to motivate your employees to save energy at work, our Energy Wise Network is here to help. We’ve built a community of leaders who are passionate about sustainability and helping others save electricity, reduce greenhouse gas emissions (GHGs) and implement sustainable practices.
In partnership with FortisBC, our network can help you engage with your employees and encourage them to incorporate smart energy habits into your organization’s daily operations.
You’re invited to join our Energy Wise Network to get access to training, networking opportunities, campaign toolkits, coaching, and incentive funding. We’ll help you every step of the way, starting with an introductory training session that covers everything you need to know to get the most out of our program.
Coaching and funding
We offer three options to support you in the delivery of energy-saving campaigns at your organization in a way that meets your needs.
- 20 hours of coaching: Connect with our employee engagement experts for 20 hours of personalized coaching to help guide you through the seven-step campaign planning framework.
- 15 hours of coaching and $600 funding: 15 hours of coaching plus $600 in funding to help cover campaign expenses like graphic design, printing, prizing and event costs.
- 10 hours of coaching and $1,200 funding: 10 hours of coaching and funding up to $1,200 to help cover campaign expenses.
We host two training events, one in spring and one in fall, to help you with effective strategies for planning and delivering successful energy-saving campaigns. These events are held in-person in the Lower Mainland and accessible remotely online. We’ll cover topics like:
- Campaign planning
- Engaging senior leadership
- Activating green teams within your organization
- The science of behaviour change
- Measuring results
You’ll also have the opportunity to network with up to 45 other organizations in your field who have or will be hosting energy-saving campaigns.
We offer an interactive welcome webinar at the start of the fiscal year and another at fiscal year-end. These will help you set your goals for the year, find resources, and maximize the results of your energy-saving campaigns. There are also two networking calls in the middle of the year that are great opportunities to connect with fellow members.
Templates and resources
Campaign tool kits and resources on green teams, measuring results and engaging senior leaders are offered to participants. Once you join the network, you’ll gain access to a collection of helpful resources.
Your participation in the Energy Wise Network will span the course of one fiscal year, beginning in April and ending in March. During that time, you’ll need to:
- Complete one process or operational change campaign with a focus on energy conservation.
- Attend two training summits, two online webinars and one online network call.
- Submit two reports, one in June and one in April, following the template we provide.
- Connect with a peer who’s working on a similar campaign.
- Make a presentation about your campaign or an aspect of your employee engagement program.
- New participants will also need to attend the introductory training session in April or May.
To be eligible to join the Energy Wise network your organization must:
- Have a BC Hydro commercial Key Account Manager.
- Designate an employee to be the key contact with enough time available to meet the program deliverables, including the delivery of the energy conservation campaign.
To apply for the Energy Wise Network, contact your Key Account Manager.
If you’re interested in running an energy-saving campaign with your organization and you don't have a Key Account Manager, check out our free, easy-to-use toolkits for businesses.