Integrated energy audit
Get a fully funded energy audit of your facility
Get started on improving the efficiency of your industrial or large commercial facility and manage your energy costs with the help of an integrated energy audit.
Get up to 100% funding for an energy expert to conduct an energy audit of your facility. This audit may look at your entire facility or certain systems/areas. The audit will determine major areas of energy usage and which of your systems present the best opportunities for improved efficiency, demand reduction and/or electrification, depending on where you want to focus your efforts.
How it works
- Work with an energy expert (e.g. an engineering consultant) to determine the scope of your audit. Your energy expert must be a member of the Alliance of Energy Professionals. Need help finding an expert? Request a referral.
- Connect with your Key Account Manager or Regional Energy Manager to express your interest in the audit. They'll confirm your eligibility and arrange a meeting with you, a representative from BC Hydro and your energy expert to discuss your audit and the requirements of the proposal that you'll need to submit.
- Submit an application with the final proposal, completed by your energy expert.
- Once your application is approved, the energy expert will conduct an on-site, detailed audit of your facility.
- They'll create and provide you with a high-level report, including:
- An analysis of your facility's systems and equipment, including a breakdown of the energy used within your facility.
- Identification of energy management opportunities. This includes a list of opportunities in areas with the greatest room for improvement and savings. This "opportunity register" will help you prioritize your next steps to achieve larger, long-term savings and energy management goals.
- No-cost and low-cost tips to improve your facility's energy efficiency.
- You'll attend a final presentation by the energy expert and a representative from BC Hydro to review the report findings and discuss opportunities. We'll then process your audit funding payment, which typically goes directly to the energy expert.
Your business must use more than two gigawatt-hours of electricity per year. Please contact your BC Hydro representative to confirm site eligibility.
Applications are submitted by your Key Account Manager or Regional Energy Manager. Contact them to apply.
If you're not sure who to talk to, contact our business help desk at 1 866 522 4713.