Energy efficiency feasibility study
Assess and compare options for upgrading a single system
Is there an inefficient system at your industrial facility that you’re ready to upgrade? An energy efficiency feasibility study will provide you with an in-depth analysis of the upgrade options and costs so you can make a strategic decision that will help you save.
This study is also useful if you’re designing a new industrial plant or planning a major expansion and want to compare the savings between standard equipment and more expensive, energy-efficient options.
Get up to 100% funding for an energy study of a specific system at your industrial facility. An energy expert will conduct the study and provide you with a comprehensive understanding of options and costs to upgrade the system to improve its energy efficiency.
For example, the study could look at your compressor system, heating and cooling system, or an industry-specific processing system.
How it works
- Work with an energy expert to determine the scope of your study. Your energy expert must be a member of the Alliance of Energy Professionals. Need help finding an expert? Request a referral.
- Connect with your Key Account Manager or Regional Energy Manager to express your interest in the study. They’ll arrange a meeting with you, a representative from BC Hydro and your energy expert to discuss your study and the requirements of the proposal that you’ll need to submit.
- Submit an application with the final proposal, completed by your energy expert.
- Once your application is approved, the energy expert will conduct an on-site, detailed analysis of the specific system at your facility.
- They’ll create and provide you with a detailed report that will help you build a solid business case for making an efficiency upgrade, including:
- An assessment of your upgrade options.
- Costs to implement each option.
- Estimated savings for each option.
- You’ll attend a final presentation by the energy expert and a representative from BC Hydro to summarize the report findings and discuss next steps. We’ll then process your study funding payment, which typically goes directly to the energy expert.
Your specific system must use more than one gigawatt-hour of electricity per year. For a 200-horsepower system, that’s about 6,000 hours of operation.
How to apply
Applications are submitted by your Key Account Manager or Regional Energy Manager. Contact them to apply.
If you're not sure who to talk to, contact our business help desk at 1 866 522 4713.
Identify major areas of energy usage within your plant and the systems which present the best opportunities to save.