Energy manager program
Build strategic energy management into your daily business
If you know you could be doing more to build energy management in your business practices, but don't know where to start, consider applying for a BC Hydro co-funded Energy Manager or becoming an Energy Manager Associate [71 KB]. You'll gain access to a range of training sessions, resources, and a network that will help you take a strategic approach to energy management and organizational change to reduce energy waste, costs, and improve energy efficiency.
What does an Energy Manager do?
An Energy Manager:
- Is able to demonstrate the value of the position within the organization.
- Takes a strategic approach to meet an organization's energy goals and objectives.
- Implements energy savings projects that make good business sense.
- Increases the Energy Management Assessment score each year.
- Engages people at all levels of the organization in being more energy-efficient both at home and at work.
Energy Manager Program
- BC Hydro funds 50% (up to $50,000 per year) of an Energy Manager's salary, who is employed by the participating organization.
- The Energy Manager has access to funding for Energy Studies, and financial incentives for energy-efficient upgrades.
- The Energy Manager and their organization receives an Energy Management Assessment that assists in providing a roadmap to reach the organization's energy goals and objectives.
Energy Manager Associates Program
Organizations in the Energy Manager Associates program have access to training, networking, financial incentives and the Energy Management Assessment. This is ideal for organizations wanting to learn more about what is involved in taking a strategic approach to energy management or who have integrated energy management into their business practices and want to continue having access to the resources provided. Funding to hire an energy manager is considered when you're ready to dedicate a full-time position and resources to energy management and are getting programs and projects underway.
Learn more about the Energy Manager Program [PDF, 71 KB].
How to get started
The Energy Manager opportunity is only available as part of the Leaders in Energy Management Program. To find out more, contact your Key Account Manager or call 604 522 4713 in the Lower Mainland, 1 866 522 4713 elsewhere in B.C.