Be Power Smart and save
BC Hydro is partnering with more than 700 retailers in over 90 communities to offer incentives for the purchase of energy-efficient products during October, Power Smart Month.
Power Smart discounts are available to customers for in-store purchases of energy-efficient lighting, televisions and appliances.
Every year during October, Power Smart Month, BC Hydro shows British Columbians how easy it is to make smart energy use choices and save money on monthly electricity bills. BC Hydro provides increased rebates and incentives to help encourage energy conservation throughout the year.
- Some retailers are also offering additional savings on ENERGY STAR fixtures like ceiling fans, and other energy-saving devices like motion sensors for lighting and power bars.
- Some retailers are also offering a 12 per cent discount on select energy-efficient ENERGY STAR rated televisions and major appliances, as well as double the mail-in rebates on select ENERGY STAR clothes washers, dishwashers, refrigerators and freezers.
- More than 700 retailers in over 90 communities across the province are participating in Power Smart month incentives.
- For a complete list of all retailers, rebates and specials and for more information visit powermart.ca.
- Energy efficient, ENERGY STAR lighting, televisions and appliances can help reduce electricity costs.
o LEDs use at least 75 per cent less energy than incandescent lighting and can last up to 25 years.
o ENERGY STAR televisions use up to 30 per cent less electricity than standard models.
o ENERGY STAR fridges and freezers use 20 per cent less energy.
o ENERGY STAR washing machines are 36 per cent more efficient and a front-loading washing
machine can cut water use by nearly 40 per cent.
For more information please contact:
BC Hydro Media Relations