Self-serve incentive program now open to large commercial customers
New opportunities for large commercial savings
We're excited to announce that since October 5, 2023, if you're a large commercial customer, you now have access to our self-serve incentive program (SIP).
- Energy audits and studies
- Incentives (now includes SIP)
- Low-carbon electricity (LCE)
- Strategic energy management (SEM)
With SIP, you can apply for customized incentives for upgrades to lighting and compressed air systems between 40-300 horsepower.
To qualify as a large commercial or industrial customer, each SIP application needs to focus on a single site that currently consumes 500,000 kilowatt-hours (kWh) or more per year.
|Sector (site)||Site consumption||Program|
|Commercial or industrial||Less than 500,000 kWh/yr||BESI (business energy saving incentives)|
|Commercial or industrial||Greater than or equal to 500,000 kWh/yr||SIP (self-serve incentive program)|
What are the benefits of the self-serve incentive program?
Along with saving energy, there are plenty of other benefits to accessing SIP upgrades:
- One simple application: Your vendor needs to complete one simple online application to get you approved for incentive funding.
- Long-term savings: Your SIP upgrades will continue to save you money for years to come - long after your project payback.
- Long-term efficiency gains: More efficient systems perform better, meaning less maintenance and increased productivity.
- Lighting: LED lighting dramatically reduces your bills and makes your workplace safer and more comfortable. LED lights also last much longer, requiring less maintenance. Plus, with SIP, your upgrade eligibility is expanded to include solutions such as tubular LEDs (TLEDs).
- Compressed air systems: Even fixing small leaks can result in 20% to 30% savings, along with increased reliability and more consistent performance.
- Distribution project incentives: Large commercial customers are also eligible for distribution project incentives. For instance, you'll have an incentive range of 2-5¢ per kWh, depending on your project payback period. Projects are capped at a maximum of $1,000,000, a one-year payback amount, or 75% of the project cost, whichever is least.
How does SIP work?
From selecting a qualified vendor to completing your upgrade projects, you can navigate the SIP process in just six easy steps.
1. Find a qualified vendor
2. Assess your site and prioritize issues
Your vendor will assess your system to identify any problems and opportunities.
3. Register online
When you and your vendor have planned an eligible project, go to bchydro.com to verify your information and add your project details.
4. Apply for your project incentives
After registering, you can review the project details and submit. Depending on your project, you may need to provide additional supporting documents.
5. Get approved and get started
We'll review your project application and confirm approval and your incentive amount. This can take three to four weeks and it's important that you don't order or purchase any of your project equipment until you receive approval.
6. Complete your project and receive your incentive
When your project is complete, you'll need to fill out the "completion declaration" form and email your paid invoices. You should receive your incentive payment about three weeks later.
Is your site eligible for SIP upgrades?
To find out more about SIP upgrades for your site(s), contact your Key Account Manager or Regional Energy Manager, or call 604 522 4713 in the Lower Mainland or 1 866 522 4713 elsewhere in B.C.