Be part of the Alliance of Energy Professionals
Alliance members are recognized experts in energy solutions, and they're knowledgeable about BC Hydro programs and incentives.
If you work in commercial and industrial settings, you must be an Alliance member to help your business customers apply for incentives.
- Get recognition and exposure through BC Hydro
- Help your customers apply for program incentives
- Get BC Hydro program support and program updates
- Receive commercial and industrial customer referrals from BC Hydro
- Attend education, program and networking events
- Receive industry updates
Apply for membership
To become a member of the Alliance you'll need to provide business and technical credentials.
Application checklist: requirements and documents
- A B.C. business license, valid for at least two years prior to application, and a GST number.
- A minimum of five years' experience promoting and selling energy-efficient equipment
- Appropriate bonding for the business license
- A WorkSafeBC registration number and good standing with the agency
- Five customer references (references for lighting and electrical distributors must include a variety of lighting solutions); three references need to be for energy efficiency projects
- Proof of a general liability insurance policy of not less than $2 million, with BC Hydro named as an additional insured
- Your customers are provided with all applicable manufacturer's warranties (minimum one year limited warranty for all parts) for equipment sold or leased
- For lighting and electrical distributors, must provide full service and support for customers while carrying a variety of approved lighting technologies. You must be able to provide knowledgeable energy efficiency lighting advice to business customers.
- A list of training, certifications or accreditations that are relevant to your area of work
- A quality management plan that expresses your company's commitment to customer satisfaction.
- For distributors, proof that you carry the listed products in sufficient quantities to service all customers within a reasonable time frame.
Steps to becoming an Alliance member
- Fill out and submit the online application form.
- We review the application. We'll acknowledge receipt of your application within three weeks, and outline the next steps: an update to your application status and, if applicable, a request for required support documentation.
- After a careful review and approval, we will send you an Alliance agreement for your signature along with the Schedule of Services you're qualified for. Your application isn't complete until we've received the required documentation and a signed agreement.
- We approve your application. Once we've received your signed Alliance agreement, we'll provide you with onboarding information and your Alliance ID. Your customers will need your Alliance ID to apply for incentives.