BC Hydro rates
- On April 1, BC Hydro rates will increase by 1.16 per cent.
- On average, this will add about $19 a year – or less than $2 per month – to residential customers’ bills.
- The BC Utilities Commission has approved the rate on an interim basis pending a final decision on the Fiscal 2022 Revenue Requirements Application later this year.
Lowest rates in North America
- BC Hydro rates remain among the lowest in North America – they are in the first quartile when compared to other major North American cities.
- On average, BC Hydro customers pay only a third of what customers in San Francisco pay, which has the highest rates in North America.
- BC Hydro recognizes that COVID-19 had has a negative financial impacts on its residential customers and the many businesses is serves across the province.
- Last year, its COVID-19 Relief Fund, which was available from April to June, helped more than 128,000 residential customers and provided more than $37 million in bill credits.
- BC Hydro currently offers several flexible options for residential and business customers that are struggling, including payment plans.
- Eligible customers facing temporary financial hardship and possible disconnection of their service due to job loss, illness, or loss of a family member were also able to apply for BC Hydro’s Customer Crisis Fund, which provides access to grants of up to $600 to pay their bills.
BC Hydro Media Relations
604 928 6468