BC Hydro customers can save up to $250 on select ENERGY STAR appliances
VANCOUVER — Customers in the market for a new appliance can save hundreds of dollars on some of the most energy-efficient appliances.
From now until June 15, BC Hydro and select municipalities are offering rebates up to $100 on select ENERGY STAR® clothes washers. BC Hydro is also offering rebates up to $100 on select ENERGY STAR clothes dryers and refrigerators.
In addition, participating retailers and manufacturers are offering further rebates, bringing potential savings up to $250.
ENERGY STAR certified appliances are tested for efficiency and quality and carry a longer warranty. BC Hydro customers can also enjoy the added benefit of lower electricity costs by swapping an old, inefficient washer or dryer with a new ENERGY STAR model. For example:
- By switching from a 13 year old electric clothes dryer to a new ENERGY STAR model, customers can save up to $22 a year.
- By switching from a 12 year old front-load clothes washer to a new ENERGY STAR top-load model, customers can up to $60 a year.
BC Hydro customers can save even more on their electricity costs when doing laundry with simple tips like:
- Washing laundry in cold water can save up to $27 per year.
- Adding a dry towel to a dryer load can significantly reduce drying times can save up to $27 per year.
- Hanging laundry dry four out of eight laundry loads per week instead of using the dryer can save up to $45 per year.
For information on eligible purchase dates, qualifying models and rebate amounts, visit powersmart.ca/deals.
BC Hydro Media Relations
604 928 6468