BC Hydro helps customers save up to $300 on select ENERGY STAR appliances
Customers in the market for a new appliance can save hundreds of dollars on some of the most energy-efficient appliances.
From now until June 15, BC Hydro and select municipalities are offering rebates up to $100 each on select ENERGY STAR washing machines. BC Hydro is also offering $100 rebates on select ENERGY STAR dryers and refrigerators.
In addition, participating retailers and manufacturers are offering further rebates, up to $200 on select ENERGY STAR appliances, bringing potential savings up to $300.
Appliances can account for up to 20 per cent of a household's electricity use. Switching to ENERGY STAR appliances saves customers money and energy. For example:
- Refrigerators are often the most energy-consuming appliance in your home. Replacing a fridge that is 10 years old or older with an ENERGY STAR model could save you $40 a year on electricity costs.
- Heating water accounts for 90 per cent of the energy consumption of washing machines. An ENERGY STAR front-loading machine can cut water use by nearly 40 per cent and electricity use up to 65 per cent compared to a conventional top loader.
- Electric clothes dryers are estimated to account for 12 per cent or more of total electricity costs. ENERGY STAR clothes dryers use 20 per cent ess energy.
BC Hydro customers can also take their savings to the next level by making smart energy choices in conjunction with these high-efficiency appliances.
For information on eligible purchase dates, qualifying models and rebate amounts, visit powersmart.ca/appliances.
- New Westminster
- District of West Vancouver
- City of North Vancouver
- District of North Vancouver
BC Hydro Media Relations
p. 604 928 6468