EV charger rebate program for apartments/condos
Apartment/condo EV charging rebate application form
To apply, you’ll need to upload a copy of the required documentation specific to the rebate(s) you’re applying for. Review the program requirements prior to starting the application. Some rebates require pre-approval.
To begin your application, use the checkboxes to indicate which rebates you’re ready to apply for.
- EV Ready plan – Apply for this after your plan is created
- EV Ready infrastructure – Apply for this after you’ve received the quote of work to install the infrastructure needed to implement your EV Ready plan
- EV charger rebates – Apply for this after you’ve received a quote for the chargers and charger installation costs (does not need to be associated with an EV Ready plan)
You can apply for these rebates one at a time as your project progresses or apply for multiple rebates at once (see below) to help make your project more efficient.
You can apply for multiple rebates at once via the following combinations:
- EV Ready plan + EV Ready infrastructure rebates
- EV Ready plan + EV Ready infrastructure + EV charger rebates
- EV Ready infrastructure + EV charger rebates (valid only if you’ve previously applied for the EV Ready plan rebate)
Apartment/condo EV charging rebates require you to get pre-approval from BC Hydro before proceeding with any required electrical work or charger purchasing. Exception: EV Ready plan only.
Here’s how the application process works:
- Apply for pre-approval – You’ll receive a confirmation number via email.
- Wait to be pre-approved – We’ll notify you via email, usually within 30 days.
- Complete your project – Get the infrastructure and/or chargers installed. Be sure to have your contractor complete the required documentation.
- Submit your final application – Come back and submit your project invoices and documentation.
- We’ll review your documents – If approved, we’ll send your rebate payment with 90 days.
Fields marked with * are required.
BC Hydro is collecting your personal information (specifically, name, address, phone and email) for the purposes of processing your application for the EV charger rebate program. It will be used to verify your eligibility and to contact you in the future for correspondence. This is done in accordance with BC Hydro's obligations under the Utilities Commission Act and under the authority of the Hydro and Power Authority Act. If you have specific questions about the project or privacy concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org