2008 Long-term Acquisition Plan
- BC Hydro’s 2008 LTAP Application
- Lighting the Way for Generations [PDF, 21.1 MB]
- BCUC’s Decision on the 2008 LTAP Application [PDF, 1.3 MB]
- Press Release on BCUC’s Decision on the 2008 LTAP Application
- BC Hydro’s 2008 LTAP Reconsideration Application [PDF, 5.8 MB]
- BCUC’s Decision on the Reconsideration Application [PDF, 554 KB]
BC Hydro's 2008 Long-Term Acquisition Plan (LTAP) Application was filed on June 12, 2008, and has undergone a regulatory review by the British Columbia Utilities Commission (BCUC). In general, the LTAP is BC Hydro's action plan to cost-effectively meet growing customer electricity requirements. The specific purpose of the 2008 LTAP was to update the 2006 LTAP, which was filed as a part of the 2006 Integrated Electricity Plan (IEP) on March 29, 2006.
Key electricity planning developments
Following the filing of the 2006 IEP, there were a number of developments that affected BC Hydro's electricity planning landscape. These included:
- Provincial Government's 2007 BC Energy Plan [PDF, 1.8 MB]
- BCUC Special Direction 10 [PDF, 240 KB]
- BCUC Decision on the 2006 IEP/LTAP [PDF, 1.1 MB]
Where possible and relevant, the 2008 LTAP addressed the various issues or implemented the actions outlined in these documents.
2008 LTAP Application and BCUC's Decision
On June 12, 2008, BC Hydro filed the 2008 LTAP Application with BCUC. The BCUC Decision on the 2008 LTAP Application was released on July 27, 2009. The Decision was informed by three rounds of written information requests from BCUC staff and intervenor groups, and subsequent BC Hydro responses, as well as an oral hearing overseen by BCUC.
On October 7, 2009, BC Hydro filed a Reconsideration Application with the BCUC asking for their reconsideration or clarification of the following elements of their original Decision: the filing timing of the next LTAP, the definition of Voltage Optimization programs as demand-side measures, and the treatment of capacity market reliance for post-2015 planning. The BCUC Decision on BC Hydro's 2008 LTAP Reconsideration Application was released on December 3, 2009.