Technology and your home
Electric vehicles in B.C.
What you need to know about buying, driving and charging a plug-in electric vehicle in B.C.
What's a connected home?
Smart home technologies can help you manage energy use, control lighting and heating, and can improve comfort, security and safety.
Featured on bchydro.com
In the news
- 2016-17 Annual Service Plan report
- Safely make a splash this summer at BC Hydro recreation areas
- Plan to purchase remaining interest in Waneta Dam to keep rates affordable
- Soaring temperatures lead to increasing demand for power
- Power down and save before heading out of town
- Wildfire update: BC Hydro crews complete restoration efforts, replacing 900 pieces of equipment
21 no-cost tips for home
Save hundreds of dollars a year with our easy-to-do energy-saving tips. The best way to save on your energy costs is to get smart with how you use electricity.