Reduce costs and save electricity
An energy study will identify, analyze and recommend cost-effective solutions to improve inefficient systems, and increase the reliability and energy efficiency of your facility. After the energy study is complete, you'll receive a report that provides detailed suggestions for improvements, and data you can use to make informed decisions and build a solid business case.
How we can help
This program provides three important services:
- Co-funding with the potential for 50% co-funding of the energy study.
- A list of pre-qualified consultants capable of performing detailed commercial energy studies. To qualify for funding, the consultant must be a registered in the BC Hydro Alliance of energy professionals.
- Access to BC Hydro's technical and energy management resources throughout the energy study process.
Energy study requirements
We accept energy study applications on the following combinations:
- Mechanical controls only.
- Mechanical component with controls.
- Lighting redesign only.
- Lighting redesign with controls.
- Lighting controls only.
- Lighting and mechanical.
How it works
The typical process follows six easy steps:
- Contact your Key Account Manager to discuss the opportunity for an energy study at your facility.
- If required, select a consultant from BC Hydro's list of pre-qualified consultants.
- Meet with BC Hydro and the consultant to discuss the scope of the study.
- The consultant prepares a proposal for BC Hydro as part of an energy study application.
- The consultant performs the energy study and prepares a report.
- BC Hydro reviews the energy study report and then issues co-funding payment directly back to you, the customer.
Who's eligible and how to get started
Customers with Energy Managers are eligible to complete energy studies. To find out more, contact your Key Account Manager or call 604 522 4713 in the Lower Mainland, 1 866 522 4713 elsewhere in B.C.