Energy-saving incentives for businesses
Update: Amendment 13 is effective January 26, 2018
Natural Resources Canada's Amendment 13, which legislates improved energy efficiency regulations to electrical products will come into effect January 26, 2018.
Due to Amendment 13 several technologies will be removed from incentive eligibility. They include:
- All fluorescent to fluorescent lighting retrofits, such as T12 to T8 and T8 magnetic ballasts to T8 electronic ballasts.
- Exit signs.
- Incandescent to LED screw-in lamps (note that hardwired retrofits will remain eligible as well as halogen reflector lamp replacements).
Get help from industry experts
Members of our Alliance of Energy Professionals can help you get started. The Alliance is an independent network of registered contractors and distributors that can help provide you with solutions and implement your project. They are trained to help you with energy-saving projects from start to finish so that your experience is seamless.
For a list of Alliance members that can help with your project, request a referral.
- Confirm your eligibility by using the business program eligibility tool
- Read through the FAQ before you get started [PDF, 89 KB]
- Refer to e.Catalog to see the eligible technologies and products
If you're a third party project manager, please refer to the FAQ and invoice guidelines [PDF, 63 KB]
If you're an Alliance member, you will find resources tailored for your needs on the Alliance page.
Apply for incentives today
Access the online application to apply for your business incentives.
Celebrate successes and see what others have done
See how businesses in your sector have made energy-efficient upgrades and are enjoying the benefits of better energy management and savings on energy costs.
To learn more about the energy-saving incentives available for your business, contact your Key Account Manager or call our business helpdesk at 604 522 4713 in the Lower Mainland or 1 866 522 4713 elsewhere in B.C.