W.A.C. Bennett Dam Visitor Centre
W.A.C. Bennett Dam Visitor Centre closed due to COVID-19
The W.A.C. Bennett Dam Visitor Centre will remained closed for the remainder of 2021. No tours will be conducted and the building will be closed. Information on our 2022 season will be posted here.
The W.A.C. Bennett Dam is one of the world's largest earth-fill structures. It holds back the Williston Reservoir, which is so large that it can be seen from space.
To enjoy the spectacular view we welcome you to our Visitor Centre. It offers fun and educational exhibits that showcase dam construction, wildlife in the area, how we turn water into electricity, and a First Nations Gallery.
Included in your admission is an amazing guided tour experience that gives you a unique perspective of the dam.
The W.A.C. Bennett dam is located on the traditional territory of Treaty 8 First Nations.
The Visitor Centre
- Adult visitors need to provide valid photo ID at the security checkpoint prior to arriving at our Visitor Centre.
- Our Visitor Centre is fully wheelchair accessible however our guided tours are not.
- We have a great gift shop and a café onsite where you can purchase lunch and a variety of refreshments.
- We welcome licensed service dogs only. Other animals are not permitted.
- There are a limited number of free lockers available to store bags and purses during tours.
- Free parking is available for cars, RVs and buses.
- We offer guided and self-guided tours.
- We welcome drop in visitors and pre-booked tours.
- Groups larger than 10 people (including school field trips and community groups) must pre-book their tours.
- Audio tours are available in a variety of languages.
- Bags and purses aren't permitted on tour.
|Adults (18 - 54 years)||$8|
|Youth (6 - 17 years)||$7|
|Children (5 and under)||Free|
|Season pass add-on||$1|
|Audio tour rental||$4|
|School (K - 12)||Request a tour|
|Groups larger than 10 people
||Request a tour|
Admission prices include all applicable taxes.
How to contact us
Call us at 250 783 5048 or email email@example.com if you need more information.
How to get to our Visitor Centre
Located in the northeast of British Columbia, the W.A.C. Bennett Visitor Centre is near the town of Hudson's Hope, which is about a 1.5-hour drive from Fort St. John. From Highway 29 take Canyon Drive 21 km West to the Williston Reservoir.
For directions to our Visitor Centre visit Google Maps.
There are many other viewpoints nearby like the Peace Canyon Dam Viewing Deck and the West Viewing Platform that you can visit while you're in the area.
Take a sneak peek
Explore our centre through photos and read about what others have to say about their visits. Hopefully we'll see you here in person soon.