Finding qualified contractors and advisors
Choosing the right contractor is a crucial first step towards starting a successful energy retrofit. A well-trained contractor will help you achieve your energy efficiency goals by identifying the right product for your home, completing the installation according to best practices and ensuring your upgrades meet the Home Renovation Rebate Program and CleanBC Better Homes rebate requirements application.
BC Hydro and FortisBC have partnered to educate contractors on industry best practices for insulation and heat pump installations.
Program Registered Contractors have:
- completed best practice training: insulation contractors complete additional air sealing and insulation best practice training. Heat pump contractors complete additional heat pump installation best practice and building science fundamentals training
- completed training on the Home Renovation Rebate Program and CleanBC Better Home rebates
- registered with WorkSafeBC. Contractors have good standing with WorkSafeBC prior to becoming a Program Registered Contractor
After your upgrade work has been done, Program Registered Contractors will always provide you with a completed Quality Installation summary. This summary is important as it outlines the details of the work performed, as well as any noteworthy observations.
Neither BC Hydro nor FortisBC represent or guarantee any of the work performed by the Program Registered Contractors and are simply offering training in order to better educate contractors.
Using a Program Registered Contractor is optional and not required to receive a rebate. You may select a contractor from this list or select your own qualified contractor.
Home Renovation Rebates and CleanBC Better Homes Rebates vary depending on your home’s main heat source. Rebates are available for British Columbians who use electricity natural gas, oil or propane as the primary heating fuel for their home. To identify the various rebates available for energy efficiency upgrades, choose from the following based on your home’s main heating system.
- Electrically heated homes, rebates provided by BC Hydro
- Natural gas heated homes, rebates provided by FortisBC
- Oil, propane or natural gas heated homes switching to electric space or water heating, rebates provided by CleanBC Better Homes
Get advice from an Energy Coach, for free
If you have questions about energy efficiency upgrade options, products and technologies that are right for your home, or available rebates to make your projects more affordable, pick up the phone or go online to connect with a knowledgeable energy coach for free. You will be provided with building science-based information about the options and opportunities to improve the energy efficiency of your home.
Keep this resource in mind throughout your renovation as the energy coach can answer your questions at all stages of your home energy improvement project. All services are free of charge.
The CleanBC Energy Coach Hotline is funded by the Province of B.C.
- CleanBC Energy Coach
- Phone: 1 (844) 881 9790 (toll free)
Questions about the program
If you have questions about your application, email firstname.lastname@example.org.