Peak Rewards is back, earn up to $105 for participating
We’re looking for participants to take part in our Peak Rewards program this winter. The program provides customers with eligible smart home devices with the opportunity to earn up to $105 for allowing us to remotely reduce or shift the electricity use associated with charging their EV, and/or water and home heating to times of lower demand on our electrical system.
The winter season program period runs from November 15, 2022 to March 31, 2023. Registration closes on January 3, 2023.
How the program works
Throughout the program period, we’ll hold periodic ‘peak time events’. During these events, we’ll remotely adjust your connected smart home device(s). This may include delaying the start of charging your EV or lowering the temperature on your smart home thermostat by a degree or two.
Each event will last no more than four consecutive hours. You may opt-out of the event at any time and you’ll always maintain full override control of your connected devices.
You’ll receive a $35 reward for each eligible device you register to participate in the program. This means by the end of the program period, you could receive up to $105 in rewards just for participating.
Eligible smart home devices include:
- Sinopé smart thermostats
- Mysa thermostats
- Sinopé smart load controller
- ChargePoint Level 2 EV chargers
- JuiceBox Level 2 EV chargers
To be eligible for the program, you must be the BC Hydro account holder and the owner of your residence
EV smart charger program participants must:
- Own a plug-in electric vehicle
- Have a ChargePoint* or JuiceBox Level 2 Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) that’s always connected to the internet
Smart home device program participants must:
- Have an electric hot water heater and/or baseboard/in-floor heaters
- Have an eligible Sinopé or Mysa device that’s always connected to the internet
If you're already participating in other energy management trials using the HydroHome app, you will not be eligible for Peak Rewards.
Peak Rewards program registration is done via the company that provides the eligible smart home device. Here’s how to register based on the type of device(s) you own:
- Sinopé: Activate the "Eco Sinopé" feature in the NeviWeb app to register
- ChargePoint: Eligible customers will receive an email with instructions. If you don’t receive an email or recently purchased your devices, email ChargePoint for assistance
- Mysa: Eligible customers will receive an email with instructions. If you didn’t receive an email or recently purchased your device(s), email Mysa for assistance.
- JuiceBox: Submit the registration form on the JuiceBox website
Note: If you've previously participated in our Peak Rewards program, you'll need to register again.
Once your registration is completed, we'll send you an email with more information and next steps. Registration closes on January 3, 2023. See the program terms and conditions [PDF, 153 KB] for full program details.
Please email us if you have any questions about the program or your eligbility.