Peak Rewards program – Sinopé home energy trial
Registration is now closed
The Peak Rewards program explores ways to reduce the electrical load in our system during peak times of the day. The trial is now closed. If you’re interested in participating in future energy trials, fill out this form.
How the trial works
Just like when cars are bumper-to-bumper on the highway during a rush hour commute to work, our electric system experiences peak times as well. These peak times often occur on cold winter nights when everyone turns on their heat, or on hot summer days when air conditioning peaks. With your help, we're hoping to reduce electricity usage during these peak periods.
During the trial seasons we'll remotely control your Sinopé devices during select peak time events. Peak times will last for no more than four consecutive hours. You may opt-out at any time during the event. You always have full override control for any devices you elect for the trials. At the end of each trial season, you'll receive $50 just for participating. You’ll have the chance to participate in one or more seasons in the future if you choose to do so.
What to expect during a peak time event
Sinopé smart home energy devices
A few things you’ll want to know about these events are:
- You don't need to do anything, just signup. We will remotely control your Sinopé devices.
- An event will last for no more than four consecutive hours.
- You may choose to opt-out of an event using the NeviWeb app or click any button on your thermostats.
- You will always have full override control of the device.
A peak time event may occur from 6 a.m. to 12 noon and 4 p.m. to 10 p.m., during the trial season.
Earn up to $100 for participating
If you're accepted into all the trials, you could receive up to $100 per year for participating in the program as follows:
- Receive a $50 reward for your Sinopé water heat controller.
- Receive a $50 reward for all eligible Sinopé thermostats in the residence.
Winter season (October 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021)
Who can qualify
Customers must meet the following criteria:
- You must be the BC Hydro account holder and the owner of your residence
- Must live in a single family house/townhouse
- Have an electric hot water heater and/or baseboard heater
- Must have an eligible Sinopé device that is connected to the internet via your own Internet service
Please read the terms and conditions [PDF, 118 KB] for full details, and apply by December 15, 2020.
If you're selected for the trial, we'll notify you via email with next steps.
Please reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions.