Free upgrades for non-profit housing providers and Indigenous communities
COVID-19 safety precautions for in-home visits
After careful consideration, we've decided to resume select in-home visits for the ECAP program. We've implemented several new policies and procedures to protect the health and safety of our customers and contractors, including having program participants complete a COVID-19 pre-screening questionnaire before the home visit, maintaining a strict two metre distance, sanitizing areas in the home where products are installed, and conversing outside the home whenever possible.
Program participants with outstanding home visits will be contacted by a program contractor to re-schedule their appointment and will be provided with more detailed safety instructions. For inquiries about home visits or other program-related questions, email or call us.
Improve the efficiency and comfort of your housing units
Help your tenants and members save on their energy costs and improve their overall comfort all year-round. Non-profit housing providers and Indigenous communities can get free energy saving upgrades for their housing units.
How it works
- You'll work with our approved program partner It's On Electric to complete your housing provider or community's application.
- Program energy coaches will visit your housing complex or community to complete energy saving upgrades within each eligible unit at no cost.
- The free products installed may include LED bulbs, faucet aerators, high-efficiency showerheads, and door weatherstripping.
- Some tenants and members may also qualify for an ENERGY STAR® refrigerator, insulation in their walls, attic, and/or crawlspace, or a high-efficiency gas furnace.
To be eligible for high-efficiency natural gas furnace replacements, you must be a FortisBC gas customer. Manufactured or mobile homes are not eligible for furnace replacements or insulation upgrades.
- The energy coach then provides each tenant and member with advice and tips to help them further improve their home's efficiency. You'll also receive a report of what was installed in each unit.
Lumby seniors save through BC Hydro program
Read how Saddle Mountain Place – a senior's facility in Lumby – received efficiency upgrades and new ENERGY STAR refrigerators for their units.
The energy-saving upgrades installed will be determined by the housing type and individual characteristics of each home.
|HOUSING TYPE||AVAILABLE UPGRADES|
|Manufactured home / mobile home
To learn more about eligibility requirements or to get started with your application, please contact our partner It's On Electric at 1 855 560 3227.
For non-profit multi-unit residential building
Learn more about the additional funding and support available for upgrading the common spaces your building.
For Indigenous communities
Learn more about how Indigenous communities could get free energy saving products, additional rebates, installation training and funding support from BC Hydro to implement home energy upgrades on your own.
Program in partnership with