Training & events
As a member of the BC Hydro Alliance of Energy Professionals, stay up to date with our free online courses, webinars, and events designed to help you learn about the Alliance, BC Hydro programs, industry trends, and how to help your customers access incentives.
Alliance Industry Trend Series
The Alliance Industry Trend Series began in 2018, featuring a guest speaker on an interesting industry topic or emerging trend, followed by a program update from the Alliance group. In addition to gaining insight on industry trends and program updates, these events are always a great opportunity to network with others in the industry.
We're inviting you to join us at our upcoming Alliance Industry Trend Series where Christy Intihar, senior program manager at BC Hydro, will present on capacity-focused demand-side management (DSM).
Date: Thursday, June 13, 2019
Time: 7:30 a.m. – 9:15 a.m.
Location: Executive Plaza Hotel Coquitlam (405 North Road, Coquitlam, B.C.)
Topics from the capacity-focused DSM presentation will include:
- Why capacity focused DSM?
- What is localized DSM?
- Residential opportunities in space and water heating
- Commercial and industrial demand response
- Electric vehicle smart charging
- Energy storage
- What's next?
The presentation will be followed by a brief program update from the Alliance team. This event is open to all Alliance members and is free of charge. Breakfast will be provided.
Registration deadline is June 10, 2019.
Alliance training centre: online courses available
The Alliance training centre has helpful, self-directed eCourses that can help you better navigate our customer incentive applications and more. The eCourses are free, and can be completed at your convenience.
Current eCourses include:
- BC Hydro Alliance New Member Orientation
- BC Hydro Finance Tool
- Business Energy-Saving Incentives –Entering Products Configurations
- Energy Savings Lighting Calculator
- How BC Hydro refers customers to Alliance members
- How to access Alliance Resources
- New Construction Lighting Calculator
- What are the membership benefits and expectations?
- What is the BC Hydro Alliance of Energy Professionals?
- What is the difference between incentives and rebates?
- What is the general process for BC Hydro's incentive programs?
To learn more and register for any of these eCourses, please sign in to the Alliance training centre.